Our Little Secret

Sitting and laughing with my friends on the first day of school in the gym, I look around. Behind me, my eyes catch hers, and they lock. Then we both look away and start talking to our other friends. We giggle, laugh, and gab as much as possible until the first bell rings. We go to the hallways, and as we walk, I find that there’s every possible way for me to walk her to class without being late. YES! Soon I have her entire schedule memorized, and for the first half of the day we walk to all our classes together, even though we have none of them same classes. Her icy blue eyes shine when she smiles at me and we talk about all our “boring” teachers on the first day of school. When lunch rolls around, she grabs her sack lunch and goes to sit at our table from last year. As I get in line to grab some disgusting cafeteria food grub, I scan the cafeteria and my eyes meet hers again as we give each other “that look”. Then she quickly looks back down to her untouched sandwich. ~God, she’s so beautiful~ I’m thinking in my head, when I hear, “JORDAN!”
I turn around just in time to avoid being tackled by my friend Mersadez. Oh look, she died her hair red again. Is that a perm? It looks good on her. Mersadez smothers me in a hug and suddenly I’m really really glad to see her again. Since the lunch line obviously isn’t moving, we start up a conversation since we hadn’t seen each other all summer. The first question is my normal starter, since it has a different answer every time: “Who’s your boyfriend now?” She starts talking about her on-and-off relationship with her boyfriend of last year and then this new kid that I’ve never even heard of again, and I start to think maybe this year will be normal. Then Mersadez says, “Who’s your new beau, girl?!” Well, maybe not.
After my disgusting lunch of a meatball sandwich and looking up every minute just to see her again, I’m wondering how long this day is gonna be. Bite, use napkin, look up, smile. My lunch consisted of a firm routine. The rest of the day goes by the same as the first half: walking her to class, giving “that look” and then walking to my own class. So far, I haven’t blown our cover. Yet. At the end of the day when she smiles and gets on the bus, I’m wondering to myself ~How much longer do we have to keep this up?~ When I get home I whip out my phone. The screen blinks : 1 new message from “Cassidy<3”. I tap on it, and it comes up: “Hey beautiful, how was your day? ;)” I smile as the butterflies come up, and I say, “Wonderful, how about you gorgeous? <3”

Jrbcrazygirl said...
We actually came out as a couple two weeks after this happened (:

Anabela said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 6:59 am
I too have a secret I'd like to share, but have to keep quiet. Did your relationship with her ever come put, or are you still just catching herr eyes?

SarasotaWonder said...
I really like the idea/storyline you have going here :) .... one thing I would work on is pacing it down a littlle bit, it was moving a little fast and maybe you could try adding a little more detail? other than that, great work!!! :)