Broken

Gone, forever and always. I will miss you. Or at least the person I thought you were. The boy with the laughs, the boy with the smiles. The boy with the love. I struggle to remind myself that boy doesn’t exist. Not today, Not tomorrow. Not the next day, or the next, or the next. Not ever, I tell myself. You were just a dream, too good to be true, but, unlike other dreams I have, this one will leave a mark. A large gash across my heart, One that wont be able to mend itself. It’s hard to forget about a broken heart, much like it’s hard to forget a broken bone. It’s just there, useless, in the way, hard to function with. So now that you’ve handicapped me, I will live useless for a while, broken and just there. Of course, I will heal sooner or later, but it will take time and perfect care. So now I say goodbye, so I can leave and heal sooner.

Emilytaylor said...
Thanks, eeveryone!!!! I'm a little new at sharing my poems, so it feels great that everyone seems to like it!!!!^.^

vazenitran98 said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:34 am:
I recall having the same exact feeling....

Def_Leppard_fan120This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 3:54 am:
Come check out my article it is called THE BATTLE by Def_Leopard_fan120 and leave a comment on what you thought about it

HiddenAngelInTheDarkThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
AWESOME ^_^

Kate.Victoria said...
Beautifully Emotional and the perfect length :)

Micky21098 said...
Amazing!!!

Emilytaylor replied...
Dec. 24, 2011 at 1:41 pm :
Thank you so much!