His Juliet, His Lover, and I

His Juliet, His Lover, and I

I see his look of panic as he looks up and spies his Juliet, his lover, and I.

His Juliet is radiant. The animosity between their families is what’s always kept them apart. It isn’t fair, as his feelings for her are far greater than can be expressed with words. She smiles at him and he returns the gesture, knowing that he’s still her Romeo. That almost makes it harder. If she didn’t feel the same he might be able to forget, move on. As long as she remembers, he remembers too.

His lover has been watching him. He can tell by the way she looks away and blushes as soon as his eyes meet hers. He would do anything to protect her, but she doesn’t evoke the feelings of his Juliet. They’ve been fighting lately, about his fraternization with Juliet and I. That’s is why he didn’t expect her to be in the audience. She needs him tonight.
As long as she needs him, he needs her too.

His eyes then find me. He notices my glances at his Juliet and his lover and realizes that I’m not truly over him. He regrets leading me on. In his defense he told me not to love him, but I refused to listen. Our relationship has its own sense of normalcy that he adores, but he plans to give it up soon to end my pain. I’m always there for him despite the hurt.
As long as I’m hurting, he hurts too.

He has to choose.

I see his look of panic as looks up and spies his Juliet, his lover, and I.

k.Wrizzle. said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:46 am
I have no critique. That was amazing. I like the pattern and the way the girls are all aware of each other. It draws me in! I really want to know who he'll choose.

Shanagians replied...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:53 am
Thank you! I still don't know who he chooses.