How do you Know Love is Love? | Teen Ink

How do you Know Love is Love?

By Angelus SILVER, Franklin, Tennessee
Angelus SILVER, Franklin, Tennessee

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
(Author, Unknown)

What all can we really say about love? That it happens overnight, or takes a lifetime to discover...? That it only happens once, or one can fall in and out of it...? Think about the first time you realized that guys didn't have cuties. Did you feel like you were in love? Were you? When you get your first kiss, is it magical? Or are you trying to hard to make it something it isn't? How can you tell if you're in love or not? Do you smile a little brighter, laugh a little harder, or dream a little bigger? If you can't get your mind off of someone, is it love? Or is it lust? The truth about love is that there are no guarantees... Right? Or are some things in life guaranteed? How do we know? What does true heartbreak feel like? Think about it. Do you have to be in love with someone to give them your heart? Is there more than one type of love? Sometimes I wonder how often I've sat up at night pondering these things. And then I think of where it's gotten me: nowhere. So should I accept the fact that love is our world's only unknown? Or do I continue to try and control my own destiny? The choice is yours...

This came to me the moment I entered this website. I don't know why, but some part of me HAD to write it. I guess it seems like everybody has been there before, questioning their very existence because of love. Hey, what can we do, right? I hope you like it; it literally just came to me.