Crimson Snow | Teen Ink

Crimson Snow

By ZaZaGoober BRONZE, Hayward, California
ZaZaGoober BRONZE, Hayward, California

Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who matter don't mind
And those who mind dont matter

- Doctor Seuss

After

Clear as glass,the wide expanse of water reflected my longing expression.

As the August heat cooked every inch of skin I left exposed,it took all of my energy not to slip into the water.If for just a moment to let the lake swallow me in it's coolness so the endless buring would stop.But even the intense heat outside couldnt reach the cold,desolate place that had become my heart.It was ice that ran though my veins,Ice that captured my soul and sucked out every ounce of happyness in my life untill I was left with nothing.

***

The days went by in a blur after it happened.As they passed I got more and more enveloped in my thoughts of death and spent more and more time baking in the sun.My heart got colder and colder yet the sun was unyielding.I figured eventually the heat would sink through my chest and make me come alive again.I was wrong.
My life has no meaning without him,food has no flavor,pictures have no color,everything once beautiful to me is washed out because he left me.

***

Chill bumps rose on my arms as the weight of my lost threatened to consume me.All I had to do was take a step...

As I plunged deeper into the depths of blue,my skin seemed to breathe a sigh of relief after
2 weeks of burning in the sun.I kept my eyes open and watched the trees blur and get smaller before me.

Sinking to what I thought was the end of my life without him I had a single resonating thought......I'll be with him soon...

Wrote this trying to get over writer's block,hope you like it.

Jexxi13 BRONZE said...
on Apr. 14 2013 at 7:16 pm
Jexxi13 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"Every child is born an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up" - Picasso

You're a great writer! Kee it up!(:

Hanban12 ELITE said...
on Apr. 13 2013 at 9:17 pm
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

Wow, this was very interesting. I loved it!! Very sad- i interpereted it as the character killed herslef to be with her dead love? Im hoping thats correct, and i rele loved every second of this story! Please write more!

on Apr. 12 2013 at 11:43 pm
shineForward BRONZE, Columbia, Maryland
Very, very nice descriptions. The writing is very vivid and well-put. I think refering to an incedent as "it" can be a little cliche at times, but other than that I really enjoyed this piece :) Well done!