Crimson Snow | Teen Ink

Crimson Snow

November 26, 2011
By ZaZaGoober BRONZE, Hayward, California
ZaZaGoober BRONZE, Hayward, California
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who matter don't mind
And those who mind dont matter







- Doctor Seuss


After

Clear as glass,the wide expanse of water reflected my longing expression.

As the August heat cooked every inch of skin I left exposed,it took all of my energy not to slip into the water.If for just a moment to let the lake swallow me in it's coolness so the endless buring would stop.But even the intense heat outside couldnt reach the cold,desolate place that had become my heart.It was ice that ran though my veins,Ice that captured my soul and sucked out every ounce of happyness in my life untill I was left with nothing.

***

The days went by in a blur after it happened.As they passed I got more and more enveloped in my thoughts of death and spent more and more time baking in the sun.My heart got colder and colder yet the sun was unyielding.I figured eventually the heat would sink through my chest and make me come alive again.I was wrong.
My life has no meaning without him,food has no flavor,pictures have no color,everything once beautiful to me is washed out because he left me.

***

Chill bumps rose on my arms as the weight of my lost threatened to consume me.All I had to do was take a step...

As I plunged deeper into the depths of blue,my skin seemed to breathe a sigh of relief after
2 weeks of burning in the sun.I kept my eyes open and watched the trees blur and get smaller before me.

Sinking to what I thought was the end of my life without him I had a single resonating thought......I'll be with him soon...


The author's comments:
Wrote this trying to get over writer's block,hope you like it.