Letters to the Heart Devourer | Teen Ink

Letters to the Heart Devourer

By Andrea Baier BRONZE, Adel, Iowa
Andrea Baier BRONZE, Adel, Iowa

Dear Heart Devourer,
Oh why was I the one to fall for your crystal clear, blue eyes your broad, muscular shoulders and your perfectly sculpted 6 pack? To say that we were an item would be the understatement of the century. You know as well as I do that you never let it get past the friend stage. In the roughly 7 months that we dated you only held my hand once and you never kissed me. You claimed it was because you didn’t like to. Well how would you know if you hadn’t kissed anyone since preschool! You never said I love you -at least to my face text messages totally don’t count- or told me I was beautiful. I have had several guy friends since then that tell me I’m beautiful and they’re just my friends. You never even had the guts to tell me why you really broke up with me in the first place. I knew you too well to take I like you more as a friend than a girlfriend as your pathetic excuse. I had to find out from your stalker mother who still comments on my statuses on facebook and chats me occasionally too. Your mother claimed it was because you thought I deserved someone who actually wanted to be close to me unlike you. Really. Are you even a man at all? I can’t believe I fell for your act. Now I see you for who you really are just a stupid boy who devoured my heart.
<3,
Your EX sweet thang

This is a letter I wrote to my ex a few weeks after our breakup.