Tragedy and Destiny | Teen Ink

Tragedy and Destiny

November 17, 2011
By cmtucker BRONZE, Radford, Virginia
cmtucker BRONZE, Radford, Virginia
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The gun was black, cold and loaded. Against her forehead, it hurt with the pressure he was putting behind it. The point at which the gun was pressed to her head was slowly becoming numb. But, even as she was facing death, her thoughts were nothing but worry for the boy staring at her with tears in his eyes. She knew that if the felons knew that he meant everything to her, they would take him hostage too.

She was pleading silently with him not to overreact and try to rush to save her. That was the only thing that was running through her mind. He was arguing with himself, she could see it almost as if his head was transparent. She just hoped that after she was gone, the men would leave and he would find happiness with someone else. She would do all in her power to make him happy. They tugged her up and shoved her towards the doors.


The author's comments:
This story was inspired not only by romance but by the shooting at Virginia Tech. The simple fear that people felt that day as well as the sacrifice that some made to save their friends is presented with the notion of love.