Melted Chocolate | Teen Ink

Melted Chocolate

November 1, 2011
By Anonymous

I watched the sunset. They sky turned from blue, to gold, to purple and in the end to black. The street lamp provided little light for the park. My feet kicked the ground as I sat on the swing making swirls and patterns. I gripped the chain tighter. Trying to distract myself from the pain.

After what happened today I realized that I had made a mistake by coming here and leaving him behind. He had never broken my heart but I broke his. Over a year ago. I knew I could never go back and I knew he would never look, but I hopped.

I wanted him to come take me away from Damon, the guy I thought I loved because he reminded me of him. But in reality Damon was nothing like him. Not even close. While I was thinking a shadow appeared, blocking the dim light and towering over me.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

He chuckled. “No I just came to see if you were alright.


I was sure my face showed confusion.

“You did notice you were crying right?” He asked. I turned my head to the side reaching a finger to touch my face only to find wetness on my cheeks.

He chuckled again, before bending down and wiping a tear away. It shocked me. No one had done that except for him. Certainly not Damon. It was only ever him. I looked down letting my hair fall in front of my face. I didn’t want to look up, scared of what I would find. I did not want to see another him impression, I wanted the real thing. I guess I had to face my fears sooner or later.

I looked up to find searching brown eyes looking into mine. They were familiar and had a warm feel. Like melted chocolate.

“Josh?” I whispered, reaching a hand toward his face in disbelief. It wasn’t him, it wasn’t possible.

“Yeah sweetie, it’s me.” He whispered, grabbing my hand in midair stopping its search for his face and holding it tightly in his. It took all the pain away.

“What are you doing here?” I asked still shell shocked.

He gave me a look. “What do you think I’m doing here?”

A year ago when I was still with him, he was the only one who had the power to make me blush. He still did. He smiled at me and grabbed my other hand pulling me up. I studied his face. I hadn’t seen it in person for so long.

I traced his dark skin, his strong jaw line, and soft lips with a hesitant finger. And I still had to stand on my tip-toes. He wrapped his strong arms around my wais hugging me tightly to him. I rested my hands and my head on his chest, now aware of the tears that stained my face and now his shirt. Josh rocked me gently and slowly in his arms until my tears drained.


“Shhh…its okay Natalie, you are okay. I promise you sweetie, if you ever choose to leave again, I will come and get you. And I promise it won’t take me a year.” He whispered gently in my ear.

I almost snorted, but didn’t as a whole new wave of tears came. “Trust me; I’ll never leave you again.” I said.

“Promise?” He asked as something we landed on my head.

“I promise.” I whispered back looking up to see small tears falling from his eyes. “Don’t cry, please don’t cry.” I begged as I reached up to wipe away his tear.

I’m crying because I am so happy I found you. I miss you. So, so much.” He smiled, our tears finally stopping.

“I missed you too.” I said before he placed his lips softly on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck before he picked me up. He pulled away.

“Natalie?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

“I love you, too.”
He placed a small flower behind my ear before kissing me softly

The author's comments:
I hope you guys like this. It's my first story on TeenInk. Thanks!