Someone Like You - Part 2

I had had enough of him avoiding me. I stopped him in the hall one day.
“What?” he asked. His voice cut into me. It was so cold I flinched.
“I just want to understand what started all of this. We were fine. Everything was great.” I felt that prickly feeling behind my eyes. I willed myself not to cry but before I knew it they were falling.
He sighed. I felt his arms encircle me. It was something I hadn’t felt in so long. It felt so good but it made the tears come faster. I detached myself and turned to walk away. I couldn’t take it. I had to go.
“No. Wait.” He whispered
“I can’t do this Toni.” I sighed. “I can’t fall for you again. It’s just going to hurt. I want to know why though.”
“Not here. Meet me afterschool. The library”
“Okay.”
I walked in a daze to my next class. I was late. I didn’t even hear the bell ring. If you asked me I couldn’t even tell you what we were learning in whatever class that was. The bell rang and I rushed to the library.

I took a seat at one of the tables in the back. It overlooked the track. I realized that this was the seat I sat in the day. It seemed like ages ago. How times have changed.
He came and interrupted my reverie. He cleared his throat.
“This is going to take a while” he said.
“I’ve got time” I countered.
I didn’t know it then but, my life would never be the same after this.

XxilybbyxX said...
PLEASE FINISH THIS!! :) I loved both parts, but please just don't leave me hanging! I HAVE TO READ MORE!! :) you are amazing!! :) read some of my stuff..:)