My Lovely Phantom

I’m sitting there on the love seat, alone. The cup of tea in my hand has grown cold with the hours, lonely with the empty years. I can’t help but glance to the void at my side. I want someone there, the yearnings have gotten so bad, it hurts. I’d take anyone there, but really, I know I’d only take him. I see him everywhere, but can never quite grasp him. Memories flicker through my mind, like an endless movie reel, but every time I reach out, they vanish, leaving me with nothing but my hand in the air. I can smell his fragrance on the pillow cases, but it’s faded to unrecognition. His hot breath tickles my neck, but painfully fades away, never does it linger. His eyes twinkled but they’ve dulled with each passing day. I used to hear his laughter, his voice, but now he is mute. The most painful though, I’ve lost the feel of his hand in mine. He’s phantom; I know he’s gone.

Eggie94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:11 am:
You did a wonderful job at describing this feeling. I love it:)) Good Job!

carmensandiego said...
Oct. 29, 2011 at 9:50 am:
So sad....BUT I know the feeling. I thought that you were very descriptive and I loved it!! :D

snowanngel said...
Omg, this story is so relateable, I am kinna going through that right now! I know the feeling

Art-Writing44 said...
s is great :) very descriptive. And I love what you said in quotes about theres always something to do but knowbody to do it with. I feel like that sometimes :) anyways great job keep writing :)

Musawwir21 said...

this is good im surpised no one hasnt commented on it yet good job !