A to Z | Teen Ink

A to Z

October 15, 2011
By Theresa111 SILVER, Stafford, Virginia
Theresa111 SILVER, Stafford, Virginia
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes we're on a collision course, and we just don't know it. Whether it's by accident or design, there's not a thing we can do about it." ~Curious Case of Benjamin Button


You’re sitting in the world of Abandonment while he’s out in the world of Zest. This is when you realize that for you to get from point A to point Z, you must traipse through the alphabet of your relationship. So first you were left behind—Abandoned. He Betrayed you, except you don’t want to admit this. You don’t want him to be gone. Now this takes you to the land of Confusion. Stay, leave, stay leave—what are you supposed to do? It might be Dangerous to go back to him but there might be more Excitement in store which could possibly cause even more Friction in your already unstable relationship. Therefore, you are kept Guessing. You sit and wonder if Happiness is going to outweigh all of the Insecurity he has already caused. The worst part of it all is the Jealousy. You don’t want to admit that you are jealous of the new girl he has at his side but deep down you are. All of the Kindness in your heart cannot allow you to let him Love another girl—but you also don’t want to be the one to cause a Mess. Part of you would rather the Neglect over not having him in your life at all. Now you just keep moving. You keep moving through the Obstacles that are in your path. Your Patience begins to run out but you keep Quiet and try not to scare him away forever because you don’t Regret the moments you shared. You don’t forget the Silliness or the Transitions in life that you helped each other through. Except you also remember feeling Used. You remember the Values he made you lose and you remember how he made your heart feel like the cold winds of Winter. Finally, when you come to the conclusion that you must stop being a Xenophobe, you get yourself back out there. You focus on You. And even if you never make it to the world of Zest with him, you know deep down in your heart that you tried and maybe you are meant to traipse through the alphabet with someone else…