Wherever You Are | Teen Ink

Wherever You Are

By efed1994 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
efed1994 BRONZE, Auburn, New York

The grass was uncomfortably soggy on my feet and between my toes. It didn’t help that I was wriggling them around like a little kid with ADHD. I took a deep breath of the humid air and looked up at Kevin. “This is it.”

He nodded. “Yeah. This is it.”

I cleared my throat and stared down at his hands, my fingers itching to lace themselves within his. “I’ll miss you.”

Emotionally detached as always, he just nodded again. “I know.”

I pushed the picture frame I’d been holding onto in his hands. “Here you go. I asked you to come over so I could give you think. So you wouldn’t forget me.”

He blinked and took the frame, my skin burning from where hand brushed against my wrist. After studying it for a moment, a smile graced his features. “The picture from first grade.”

“Crazy to think we’ve been friends for that long, huh?”

A thoughtful hum was my only reply. He peered at me through his lashes. “I’d better get going.”

Before I could stop myself, I slid my arms around his waist and kissed him. It wasn’t a nice, gentle kiss; it was rough tooth-clattering kiss that had me in the correct stance in case he pushed me away, so I could bolt across my lawn and back into the house.

But he didn’t. He held my shoulders and leaned into it, reciprocating.

I could’ve stayed like that forever.

I pulled away. “Sorry, I just-”

“Don’t be sorry.” He smirked. “I’m gonna go now, Brooke.”

“I’ll miss you,” I said miserably, tears blurring my vision.

He sighed and walked to his car. “You know, I’m only going to be gone for the summer.”

“But that’s forever!” I cried.

“Drama queen.” I sniffled and he smiled at me from over the roof of his car. “I’ll miss you too.”

FangPoet DIAMOND, Wichita, Kansas

"I am yours as long as you are mine."

"Teenagers are in the forest of bad ideas an hormones."

"Your everything i want but nothing i need."
"I hate you so much ... i love you".

"Its the ugliest cute thing ever"!

"Everything is cute in its own way

In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two. - Erich Fromm

Aww i really liked that,mainly that reminds me of my best friend and I. Hmm a little more detail would be nice,but it was a nice piece.