Love Needs No Words

‘I’ve learned what love is, from loving you.’
I scribbled a heart beside his name and handed the small, messy note to him. He was quiet for a second as he read, and then broke into his breath-taking smile. He leaned over and kissed me lightly on my cheek. He reached for the pencil and hesitated, thinking. We wrote to one another, what our words couldn’t always express.
‘I love you. Because you believed in me so much more than I did. You expected more from me, than I did from myself.’
I broke the silence with my ‘Aww’, and he quickly pressed his finger to me lips. I smiled as I crawled under his arm and rested my head on his chest. We cuddled for a long time before I grabbed another scrap of paper.
‘I thought about it today, and I want to keep you…forever.’
He looked thoughtful for a moment, and then scribbled beside my own handwriting, ‘Forever isn’t long enough.’
This time he ‘broke the silence’, but not as I did. He signed with his hands three words, ‘I love you.’ I made sure he saw my lips as I whispered back, ‘I love you more.’

Annieboo said...
This was so lovely. Wow, I really wish some guy would say that to me. This is good!

paperandpen replied...
Thank you!:)

snowanngel said...
Awe, that is so very cute! I loved it!!!!

paperandpen replied...
Oh good, thank you!