Kiss of Perfection

His lips, sweet but strong, smoothly kiss mine. Standing in the soft golden glow of the street lamp, his perfect caramel brown hair hangs low in his eyes. The thunder in the background was getting closer signifying that rain was on its way, but I didn't want to leave. His arms held me close making me feel for the first time actually loved, actually as if someone could care truly about me. Then the first drop. At first it was nothing more than a drop or two dampening our clothes, but as the seconds ticked away the clouds let out a painful sound and began to cry. We stood there watching as the cloud's tears roll slowly down our cheeks. His lips, soaked with the tears, began to slowly turn into a smile. "Just like a dream." He whispered. His eyes sparkled in the dark clouded rain making my heart warm and happy. "Yes. Just like a dream."
And then, we kissed.

iluves2rite This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Actually I was going for the more blunt ending. I suppose that I could have dragged it out to make it more elaborate but the last line seems to make sense to me. :)

Fizza_98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 20, 2011 at 1:54 am
really sweet!!!!!!! love it. <3

billgamesh11 said...
Aww! I love young love!!! And I LOVE the last line, it just cracks me up because it's just so blunt it's funny! Sorry if that offended you or anything because you were probably going for a more serious kind of theme, but just saying, that line just wraps it up perfectly!!! :):):);)