What If I Told You? | Teen Ink

What If I Told You?

August 30, 2011
By Mimss BRONZE, Ironwood, Michigan
Mimss BRONZE, Ironwood, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's better to be safe than sorry."


"We shouldn't be doing this." I finally got out between the kisses.
"Give me one good reason." Dominic said as he checked out my lips.
I was pressed up against the wall with him holding his body against mine. My body screamed yes, but since we were in the storage closet at school, my brain said no. Besides that, my study hall teacher would be wondering where I was by now. I always left class for ten or fifteen minutes a day. I know he didn't appreciate it, but at the same time he was too lazy to investigate.
"Because, Dom. Class time. Later tonight we can continue like always." I said as I winked at him.
I could still feel the blood rushing through my body. It was such a rush kissing Dominic, but I had to leave it behind and focus on school for the rest of the day. Impossible, of course. Texting Dominic in all my classes and doodling his name in the corners of my papers was all I could do to keep myself from going insane with the the thought of him.
I fixed my shirt, as he did the same. I waved my hand in front of my face to cool it down, while walking towards the door. It was dark in the closet besides a dim light in the corner. We didn't even bother turning the lights on, but I was used to it by now. I put my hand on the door, but turned around to look at him. He was already staring at me.
"Dom?" I whispered.
"Yeah, babe?" he said with confidence, something I simply adored.
"I love you. I'll text you next hour." I said blushing.
"I love you too, Katie." And with that I walked out into the hallway, double-checking that no one was looking.

~~~

2 months later ~

I stared up at the ceiling. I could hear my heart pounding. I was in the bathtub, the water nice and hot. I had been taking baths almost every night. They were soothing, and helped me feel better about myself. I had nothing else to count on. Not friends. Not parents. Not Dominic.
How could it come to this? I had been taking these baths not only to soak, but also to think. And all I could ever think about each time was how much better the world would be without me. How horrible Dominic would feel that I had killed myself over him. He would wish he hadn't left me for his ex. He would wish he had meant it when he told me cared about me. I wanted him to feel horrible. I wasn't even thinking about my life, my friends, or my family. The pain was so raw, I just couldn't think of anything else. Just like the love was so new, I couldn't think of anyone but him. Before at least. What had I done to deserve this? All I did was love him. Sure, I made mistakes. Aha! I know what it was. It was the age. I'm a freshmen, and he's a junior. 3 years in age difference. I'm not old enough for him. Or was it because I tried to make him jealous because he wouldn't call me his girlfriend? Does he hate me for that? What was it? I don't want to live life wondering, so instead, I'm going to take my last breath of air right now, and dunk myself in the water never to resurface alive.
I slowly closed my eyes, remembering everything me and Dominic had been through. I took a deep breath and pushed myself under.

~~~
4 months earlier ~

"Tara, I have to tell you something." I said, bashfully. I had been thinking this all week. I was hoping the thought would go away. I was hoping the feelings would go away, but they weren't. It meant something. That's what I thought at least. I wasn't too sure.
We were sitting in ally-way next to an apartment building. We had walked down here from Tara's house to visit the ladies house that Tara babysat at on weekends sometimes. We were Annie too, who sat on the side of me. We didn't get along the best, but I still considered her a good friend.
"What is it, Katie?" she said looking down at her phone.
"Well, I like someone. It's surprsing. You can't tell anyone because it's never going to happen." I said.
She looked up from her phone, and I already had Annie's attention. I had to go home soon, and I knew that's when I would get into full detail about this whole situation. I was running out of time. I spit it out, "I like Dominic."
"Awee! You can have little Dominic babies! Does he know?" She said standing up and giving me a hug.
I wasn't expecting that sort of reaction, but I went with it.
"No, and I'm not going to tell him. But our babies would be cute." I chuckled out.
"Why not?!" Annie finally put in.
"He's older than me, and we're best good friends. It would make things weird. He would never like me in that way." I said, feeling shockingly sad about admitting it aloud.
"You should tell him before making assumptions, Katie. I would." Tara said to me.
"Maybe after we hang out a little bit more than we have." I said taking out my phone to call my mom to come pick me up.
"Alright then. If you say so." Tara said.

~~To Be Continued~~


The author's comments:
Started writing this my freshmen year based on this guy, but now that I'm a Senior, I'm rewriting it based on what actually happened between us.