Impressing A Girl

Aubrey looked at the girl walking in front of him. Her dark hair blowing about in the wind, while she searched through songs on her Ipod. She'd been mad at him for most of the day, so he thought now would be the best time to talk to her.
Speeding up on his bike, he rode into the spot next to her on the grass, keeping a slow pace.
Taking a deep breath he opened his mouth, "Do you remember what the science homework was?"
Dana shook her head, eyes still on the small musical device.
"Seriously? C'mon Dana, I need to know." He replied, hoping she still wasn't mad.
"I honestly don't know, now go away." Dana answered, quickening her pace.
Aubrey frowned and muttered a goodbye, as he cut behind her and began biking away.
'She doesn't want to talk to you, dumb*ss. You p*ssed her off." his mind whispered to him. Aubrey thought back to the days events, he was sorry for what had happened, and at the moment would to anything to get her to smile at him again.
As he pondered her anger towards him, he suddenly felt himself hit the soft grass. Had he really fallen off his bike? And around most of the student body, this wasn't good. Then he heard a soft laugh, and saw a hand in front of his face. He looked up to see the grey eyes that had taunted him all day.
"Hey. Need some help ?" Dana asked him, a huge smile on her face.
He had fallen for her.

SecretSearcherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So cute! I loved it!

Annmarie11_12_13 said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 11:58 am
I love this.  It's short and sweet and...well...just amazing

Annie.C said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 5:20 am
I really liked it! I think that it could be extended into a longer story and it could be really good :)

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
haha hey my name is aubrey. :) but your story actually sounds promising, the problem is its just so dang confusing. i had to read it several times to figure it out...just saying, nice work