The last time I saw her.. | Teen Ink

The last time I saw her..

The last time I saw her, she was happy. She was running along in the waist high meadow, playing with the birds and butterflies. She had on a gorgeous dress, flowing along with her every movement. She would spin in circles holding her arm out like an airplane. Everyone looked up to her, they aspired to be like her. She was happy. But then, he came along. A young boy, he gave her all the attention in the world, she was his world. They were only teenagers, but she had found love and for that she knew was a fact. They spent every minute of everyday together, no matter what. He was her first everything, they had a special connection that not many people experience in their short lifetime. But then, her love was drafted to war. He had to leave in a week and stay for a very long time, 5 whole years. She was crushed, her world came falling down on her. The day came when he left, she dropped him off at the airport and watched as his plane flew away into the abyss. She tried her hardest to continue living life as it used to be and she did a pretty good job. But then came the fateful day in October, she opened her door to find an army general standing there, but it was not her man, it was a stranger. He had a grim look on his face and her stomach sunk, she knew. He told the young lady that her one love in life has been deceased, in war, he lost the fight for his life. She collapsed right there on the floor, in the presence of the army general. He told her once again how sorry he was and then was on his way, he left her there with her world tearing apart. The next time i saw her, all I only knew one thing, and she was definitely not happy.

on Aug. 28 2011 at 8:48 am
Stefegg PLATINUM, Maysville, Missouri

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world."

This is so sad. It's something I always feared would happen to me, because my boyfriend wants to go into the military.  Your writing was good, although fast paced. I think it would have been easier to read if it had been divided into paragraphs, but it was a good story.