This Was Love | Teen Ink

This Was Love

August 9, 2011
By breatheinOctober GOLD, Ethel, Louisiana
breatheinOctober GOLD, Ethel, Louisiana
12 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Art is the essence of love, love is the essence of art.
I'd rather have a thousand regrets because I thought with my heart than play it safe and think with my mind, never knowing what was out there.
The world has a voice. You just have to give it permission to speak


He gazed at me with intense, icy eyes.
Marissa...please, he begged as his voice quivered with raw, shaky desperation.
I can't. I whispered, my eyes brimming with salty, icy tears. He grabbed my wrist and forced his lips into mine. I didn't care anymore. I couldn't. I couldn't care that I was supposed to kill him. I couldn't care that he was a vampire and I a vampire hunter. His lips were smooth and cold and sent chills down my spine. And suddenly our hands were cold blurs as his fingers were everywhere. They were moving over my jaw, down my hips, over my hair. And, I couldn't get enough. This wasn't just a kiss. This was more. This was something that tickled your soul. This was when someone's heart tied itself to yours as you felt the needle pulling the thread loop by loop, getting tighter and tighter. And, I didn't mind. Because this wasn't lust or sex. This was love.


The author's comments:
The picture I chose looks like Marissa. I hope you enjoy.