In Love | Teen Ink

In Love

By dancemaniac GOLD, Mansfield, Texas
dancemaniac GOLD, Mansfield, Texas

Then, something suddenly hit me.
Thus wasn't just some fling. Nor was it something I could nonchalantly cast aside. This wasn't just a relationship. This wasn't something where the term boyfriend was acceptable. This was something I could ignore no longer.
I had fallen head first to a love that seemed unconditional and inseparable.
Nothing could change this. Even if I wanted so desperately to say goodbye, I couldn't. The willpower I had once possessed had long since vanished. My heart and mind slowly were becoming more and more vulnerable.
I realized now, that there remained not a single thing I wouldn't do for him. No matter the pain or plight, in would do anything in my power to help him.
I realized now what real love was. I knew that although it was no way any childhood fairytale, it made you beyond exceptionally happy. I knew that love was not only a choice, but somehow connected to destiny, and sometimes, we had no control over the outcome.
All of this became clear in an instant. And, although in my mind I was completely terrified, I accepted it. I embraced the notion.
And, as I embraced the thought, I walked up and embraced my Ben.

Musika BRONZE said...
on Aug. 24 2011 at 2:17 pm
Musika BRONZE, South Lake Tahoe, California

"Why does one begin to write? Because she feels misunderstood, I guess. Because it never comes out clearly enough when she tries to speak. Because she wants to rephrase the world, to take it in and give it back again differently, so that everything is used and nothing is lost. Because it's something to do to pass the time until she is old enough to experience the things she writes about."
— Nicole Krauss

I really, really liked this. It was short & sweet and really to the point. I think that you described the feeling of, "in love," quite well. :)

on Aug. 24 2011 at 3:48 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Yay, I love this! It's so short, sweet and consistent. I love the descriptions. Very well done :)

on Aug. 23 2011 at 8:50 pm
dancemaniac GOLD, Mansfield, Texas
thanks for the feedback!

on Aug. 23 2011 at 8:21 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Excellent short story!  My only criticism is that 'thus' should be 'this'.  Other than that, this was beautiful.  You describe the feeling of love perfectly! :)