Pain and Love Ch. 2 | Teen Ink

Pain and Love Ch. 2

August 2, 2011
By AmyMichie GOLD, Saint Johnsville, New York
AmyMichie GOLD, Saint Johnsville, New York
12 articles 4 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live in the now. <3


A week later and I knew everything about him. His name is Dakota Tyler. He is 17 years old. He loves me. He has loved me for over 3 months but was afraid that I didn't feel the same way about him. A week before my accident, he found out that I had loved him longer than he had me. One problem. His ex found out too. I had gone to talk to him about us the night of the accident but she had got to me first. She had convinced me that he didn't share my feelings and that he thought I was a freak. She was the cause for me hurting myself. Dakota was starting to get concerned because I wasn't eating anything. If I did, I would throw it all back up half an hour later. He sat with me through it all and I am very thankful for that. The doctor is going to give me sedatives and feed me through a tube. I would be out for at least a week. A week that Dakota would have to sit through in silence because of me. I cried as Dakota comforted me in his arms. He was holding back tears of his own and I started to realize how much this hurt him. A couple of nurses came in and told me it was time. I went back to the tiny hospital bed. Dakota had followed me and was now holding my hand. We both watched as one of the nurses put something into my IV. I turned back to Dakota as my eyes grew heavy. He looked at me and I saw a tear escape his eye before I was engulfed in darkness.