Not Over You | Teen Ink

Not Over You

By Annmarie11_12_13 ELITE, Paramus, New Jersey
Annmarie11_12_13 ELITE, Paramus, New Jersey

They tell me that I’m doing so much better with you. That I’m slowly getting over the love I once had for you. Well, they are right, in one way. I am doing better. At hiding the love I still have for you.
I still think about you all the time. I smile when I see your face, and when someone says your name, even when they aren’t even talking about you, I feel my heart skip a beat. The very thought of you sends my stomach into back flips, not stopping even after I stop thinking about you. Which is never.
You have only been in my mind once. Only thing is, you never left. Not that I want you to. I love you to much to let you go.
It may seem that I am over you. But I’m not. I never will be. And I don’t want to. Loving you is the smartest thing I have ever done. It may seem crazy that I say that, seeing as it will never work out for us, but I don’t care. Because, for now and for always, I will never be over you.

billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts

"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

Wow, this is so sad! I wish you luck in getting over him, because even though I am sure you have heard this a bazillion times, someone better will come along and will give you the love you have been yearning for!!! Good Luck and if you need to, write about your feelings, it might help!!!:):):);)