Rainy Days | Teen Ink

Rainy Days

By daydreaming GOLD, Norwell, Massachusetts
daydreaming GOLD, Norwell, Massachusetts

"sometimes it lasts in love and sometimes and sometimes it hurts instead" -Adel

I rushed into an empty doorway out of the rain. Jason was right behind me, he never let go of my hand. I leaned against the wall laughing. My soaking hair stuck to my face. Even though I was soaking wet, with his warm body so close to me I wasn’t cold. He smelt like rain and chocolate frosting. Thunder boomed and I laughed a little, but his blue eyes starred into mine with an intensity that made me stop. Then his soft lips were on mine. The world forgot the two of us standing on the abandoned stoop.

Micro fiction, 100 words or less

on Jul. 12 2013 at 7:59 am
hippiechild BRONZE, Lakewood, Ohio

Not because they are perfect, but because they are free. Because they are alive.

So romantic!

on Jun. 18 2013 at 11:04 am
Juicey_Fruit BRONZE, Draper, Utah

There is beauty in everything, just not everyone sees it.

This is probably the most romanitc thing I've ever read. I love this. You are talented.

on Aug. 2 2011 at 6:01 pm
BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

I don't need a rose. I want a daisy you picked for my hair. I don't want some fancy box of chocolate. I want a pink frosting cookie you made just for me. Lets skip the upscale restaraunt and have a picnic in the park.

as short as it is, you manage to convey a lot of emotion and description. It's really impressive that you were able to make a huge impact given the wordcount restrictions; not many people can do that.

Wow