Broken Bliss Chapter 5: Happy Fourth Of July | Teen Ink

Broken Bliss Chapter 5: Happy Fourth Of July

July 18, 2011
By twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York
twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York
13 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Success comes to those who persist after all have given up. Which is why it is never crowded along the extra mile."


After that crazy morning Joey gathered his stuff and kissed me goodbye but not before promising that he’d be back after he had showered and changed. Once Joey left I picked out an outfit and makeup, and jumped in the shower. Once I was out I blew-dry and flat-ironed my hair and put a music note clip in it on the side. I put on my white tank top with red lace traveling down the low cut neckline and my white knee length skirt with a red lace trim at the bottom of the skirt and white high heeled wedged peep toe sandals with red lace traveling up the sides. I put on black mascara, my new clear lip-gloss, faint red blush, and white sparkle eye shadow. I wore my white gold hoops and matching necklace with a J charm. As I walked to the closet to get my white leather satchel I saw a note and a Tiffany box. I read the note silently to myself it read: Dear, Jilly With all the excitement of last night and this morning I didn’t have the time to give this to you this. I love you. I hope you like it. –Joey. I smiled and opened the box inside was a sterling silver anklet with a silver plate with J+J carved into it. I gasped and realized I had tears in my eyes. I sat on my chair and put the anklet. As I started leaving I realized I’d forgotten my bag. I turned back grabbed my satchel and put my keys, phone, I-pod, makeup bag, wallet, my favorite book Arousing Love by M.H. Strom, my day planner, and pen, and my white and red lace fan in my bag. I ran downstairs to the kitchen and poured a glass of orange juice out of the fridge and went outside. I sat on the porch and began sipping gingerly from my glass when my phone buzzed. I saw it was text from Joey. It read: Don’t eat; I’m on my way be there in 5. I hit reply and typed: No problem I love my anklet. P.S. I love u. I hit send and closed my phone. I realized it was hotter outside than it was in my house. I took out my fan and began fanning myself. When my phone buzzed again I saw a text from Sam. It read: Can I come over? I hit reply and typed: I would say yes but I’m having brunch with Joey and his parents. I hit send and took another sip of my orange juice. When my phone buzzed again it was another text from Sam it read: Well I wanted to talk to u but I guess we can talk later- charm your ass off love u. I smiled and it reply and typed: Thanks Sam see ya. I took one last sip and finished the glass. I got up and went into the kitchen to wash the glass. When my phone started playing the ring tone Lucky Glee version I smiled and hit answer when I saw it was from my dad. “Hello” I said into the phone. “Morning bunny how’s it going?” my dad said into the phone sounding tired. “Morning daddy it’s going, Happy Fourth of July I miss you so much dad I can’t wait to see you later.” I said stringing all my words together. “I can’t wait either Jill Happy fourth of July dear, so your mother tells me you started seeing someone” my dad said cautiously. “Yeah I did daddy I can’t wait for you to meet him he’s such a sweetie, and so funny and smart I know you’ll love him.” I said smiling as I ran upstairs to get my helmet as I saw Joey pull up in front of the house. “I got to go daddy he’s here I love you see you later.” I said quickly running down stairs. “Ok Jill bye love you too”. I hung up the phone and leapt into Joey’s comfortingly strong arms and he spun me around. When he finally set me down I kissed him and he led me over to his motorcycle and said “Hop on”. I smiled and put on my helmet and my bag around my neck and climbed on as he started to drive off I slipped my arms around his waist and put my head on his back. When we stopped about 20 minutes later I took my head off his back and my hands from around his waist and climbed off the bike. We held hands as we walked toward the house. As we approached the house Joey turned his head and saw a big black van in the driveway that said THE LONDON KINGS OF ROCK. I felt Joey’s hand tighten around mine and saw his jaw clench. His smiled disappeared and he said “Oh no”, I saw the car and looked at him confused and said “What, what’s wrong?” We started walking again and I had a feeling I was going to need a drink after this brunch.