Never Apart

Pulling covers over her she reflected back over the day. The gentle voice of Mile waking her. The warm toast and hot coffee already waiting for her as she pulled on her dressing gown. The picnic by the river. His lips on hers. How could she have predicted? She couldn't have known. A single tear ran down her face. Throwing back the covers she reached for her slippers. She didn't care if he was sleeping. He might not make it through the night.

She slid into the coldness of her car and ran her fingers over the steering wheel. If only she had insisted on driving. They might not be in this mess. She drove down the dark streets her mind on his and only him.

Stepping into the hospital she asked for him and a tired nurse led the way. As she stepped into his room her heart did a flip. Broken and battered as he was, he was sitting up in bed...waiting for her.
"What took you so long?" he asked.

hippiechildThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:21 am
I agree please continue but try to be a bit clearer in some spots  

Danealle said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:03 am
This sounds like it would be a great romantic thriller! Please continue this story!

GittaR replied...
I will continue it:))