Waking Up | Teen Ink

Waking Up

By MLGreen2015 SILVER, Britton, South Dakota
MLGreen2015 SILVER, Britton, South Dakota

I want to go on living even after my death! And therefore I am grateful to God for giving me this gift, this possibility of developing myself and of writing, of expressing all that is in me. I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disapper.

The stars twinkled like thousands of diamonds on the black velvet sky. Some soared, leaving little prints that soon dwindled away. My heart pounded, beating forcefully against my chest as if it were about to burst. Adrenaline and excitement filled my veins and my blood pounded in my ears. Ever so slowly, my sapphire eyes turned along with my head, to catch a glimpse of you. Your light hair was tousled in a cute, messy way. And your eyes reflected the most pure, healthy, emerald trees. My breath got caught in my throat and it took me awhile to remember how to breathe. When air refilled my oxygen-deprived lungs I let out a weak cough. I hadn't meant to.. but I had caught your attention and you had turned to face me. I had been caught staring and my face immediately turned redder than a ripe tomato. I suddenly found the ground very interesting. An awkward silence filled the air until I unexpectedly felt something warm brush against my cheek. My head snapped up and my hand instinctively went to the warm, tingling spot on my skin. Sapphire met emerald and I felt my heart melt. I saw an emotion, burning deep inside of you, reflected in your eyes... it reminded me of... love? No, we were too young.. too naive but my heart pushed the logic back and I knew my eyes reflected the same emotion. I don't know if I truly loved you, but all that mattered was that the distance between had receded until only centimeters remained. Your warm breath tickled my skin and our noses were touching. One of your hands was putting strands of long, wispy hair behind my ear, softly stroking the tan locks.. every so often. The other was on my lower back. You gave me a cheeky grin, which I returned as I wrapped my arms around your muscular neck. Everything was seeming to fall into place as we were barely a half a centimeter apart. Nervously, I wet my lips and close my eyes. I expected to feel your sweet lips on mine but I hadn't felt a thing.. Slowly, my eyes opened and I realized... I woke up.

Just a little random. I am sure every teenage girl has sometime in her life had a dream like this. Even I admit to having one or two... :)