The Worst IM Conversation Ever

I smiled when I saw Nick’s name appear on my buddy list. He had perfect timing: I was just dying to talk to him. I hoped Nick had done well on his exams because I’d sure helped him a lot more than myself when it came to studying. After all the review sheets I prepared for him based on my notes, and the hours spent reviewing with him over the phone and at his house, I was ready for a night of relaxation. Now Exams were apart of the past and exterminated, we were free to guiltlessly forget all the info we had unnaturally crammed into our brains.

!!Alli!!: hey. i was just thinkin bout u <3

<Nick>: i was thinkin of u 2

Nick and I had started going out a month ago, but little things like knowing that thoughts of me were wandering around in his head made me smile and get jittery inside like a little five-year-old on Christmas morning.

!!Alli!!: how was practice?

<Nick>: fine

!!Alli!!: wats up?

<Nick>: nothin

!!Alli!!: how was ur last exam?

<Nick>: fine

!!Alli!!: calculus rite?

<Nick>: yes

Sitting behind my computer screen, I frowned slightly. Something was up. Even just by IM, I could tell that he was edgy. I wondered what his problem was.

!!Alli!!: my parents won’t be home till eleven. do u wanna come over?

<Nick>: not rlly

Now I was starting to get worried. Subconsciously, I nibble on my nails. Nick always took a chance to come over – especially when my parents were out.

!!Alli!!: is everything okay?

<Nick>: we need 2 tok

!!Alli!!: about wat?

<Nick>: Alli, it’s not you, it’s me…

RRRRR said...
I really enjoyed this article. It's very to the point and easy to follow. You could even get emotions off the IM. Great job!

isabellove said...
awww this is really sad

Bookworm1998 said...
thanks so much!

gfigs said...
this is awsome you have amzing talent

Mykindapeopledontcarewhatyouthink said...
son of a...  i know this is fiction and all but if anyone ever tried to break up with me over IM using that stupid line, i would be thouroughly angry beyond belief