This Guy | Teen Ink

This Guy

By MKpoetry PLATINUM, Providence, North Carolina
MKpoetry PLATINUM, Providence, North Carolina

You are the guy who'll decide where to go. …Dr. Seuss

You don't know this, but I am really starting to fall for you. You are so different from anybody else that I know. I look over and I think I caught you staring, but I am not quite sure.

"Anytime now," I think, "just walk over ever and talk to me."

I see you leave your friends, and start walking my way. My heart starts beating faster, you are finally going to talk to me. Just before you get to me I feel like I am going to faint, but just as soon as that feeling came it left. You walked right by, not even stealing a glance at me.

"Well, obviously he doesn't feel the same way about me," I murmur quietly under my breath.

The final bell rings and I jump, lost in my thoughts, finally time to leave. I have that quick thought of running after him and making the first move instead but quickly change my mind. If he liked me he would have talked to me, not just walked by.

The homecoming game is tonight, I think I might go just in hopes of seeing him. More than likely he will be with his friends, not even noticing me.

On my way home I get an anonymous text.

RESTRICTED: Hey I saw you today, meet me at the game tonight. I really like you.

ME: Who are you?

RESTRICTED: You will find out tonight, I will be over by the concessions, meet me there. I have something to tell you.

ME: Well okay. Before I go, do you go to my school?

RESTRICTED: Yes, see you tonight. :)

Wow that text was so weird, I didn't expect something like that to happen to me on one of my worst days. I wonder who it is, maybe it is my dream guy but I highly doubt that. I get home and try to make myself look seemingly decent, don't want to look bad for mystery guy. Time seems to be moving so slow, I wish it would go ahead and be 6:30 so I could go ahead and leave, but I am not sure if he will be there that early. He never did tell me a time to meet him there.

Time to leave, my mother gives me my curfew but I barely here her distracted by millions of questions running through my head.

"Who is he?"
"Did he actually mean to text me, or was it a wrong number?"
"Is he my dream guy?"

Driving, I breath calmly trying to calm down my racing heart. He has to be the one, I can feel it. I pull into a parking lot at the school. Checking my hair and makeup one last time I make my way towards fate.

I am a little early, but I see a few of my friends so I go and talk to them neglecting this big news that I am dying to tell. I decide to keep it to myself, just in case this isn't what I am hoping that it will be.

I stand around the concessions, briefly catching bits and pieces of the game, but mostly looking around for mystery guy. I see several different guys, none are acknowledging me though. Finally I see my dream guy, and he's looking my way. Could he be the one, did he send me that text? He turns and walks off to his friends, maybe he is not the guy. Tears well up in my eyes, I was really hoping that he was the one.

I feel someone tap my shoulder, turning around slowly, I am anxious to see who I would find. It's my dream guy, he gently uses the tips of his fingers to wipe away the tears that had fallen earlier. He leans closer to me, and whispers these words that I will never forget.

"You are beautiful, and I have liked you for along time," he said.

I looked up into those amazing eyes, and I said the words that made his night.

"I have liked you too, and I am quickly falling for you."

He pulls me in for a hug and I know that he is the one for me.

You are so right. And thank you, I have a few more poems to put on here but have not had the chance. 

LifeWrite PLATINUM, Westfield, New Jersey
Your welcome! :D It would be--but that's why we need to turn to the Lord in our lives, because otherwise we cannot be peaceful. I definitely enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more of your work! :)

Thank you, and I know right? The world would be so much better if it was a fairy tale. And I did kind of relate this story to my real life and I am so glad people are enjoying it. More to come! 

Thank you, I did put quotation marks but for some reason my computer messed it up. I need to get back on here and fix my story. Your song was great, keep writing!

Yeah me too, if only life was a fairy tale...

Thank you for the critisicm. I have been planning on fixing this story, now that I know what people want to read, I will incorporate it into the story.

Thank you, I wrote this story around two in the morning. So spelling mistakes were bound to happen. I have been meaning to go and change some things in it though.

Thank you so much. I plan on writing as long as possible.

HaleyStar GOLD said...
HaleyStar GOLD, Mattoon, Illinois

"The dog? You are named after a dog?"
"I had a lot of fond memories of that Dog."~Indiana Jones~

"Can you knot?"
"I cannot."
"You can knot?"
"I cannot knot." ~Winnie the Pooh movie~

AWWWWW. So cute, don't stop writing.

MargaretN BRONZE, Norman, Oklahoma
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
You're a good writer but the story is extremely predictable, there are a couple of spelling mistakes as well. Don't stop writing though, you have potential.

Mye.Lin SILVER said...
on Jul. 7 2011 at 10:55 am
Mye.Lin SILVER, Toronto, Ohio

"Justify your existence.
Create meaning" -unknown

I think you should have said why he was so unlike anyone else to make it more relatable.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a reason why he likes her, with lack of description for physical traits, setting, and appearances.

The text sent by the guy is just basically a fairy-tale ending. The girl likes the guy, and the guy miraculously sends her a text claiming he likes her too.

If you improve your story, it will be more realistic and therefore easier to believe.

Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

OMFG I WISH!!!!!!!

paigeforeman GOLD, Washington, District Of Columbia

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible!"-Walt Disney
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi
"The truth is out there."-The X-Files

Awww...so cute. If only that could happen to me...I love how you wrote this and how it's so relatable.

Constructive criticism: Try putting thoughts in italiacs. Also, maybe try using quotation marks. There was a bit of redundancy, but nothing too bad. With a little bit of cleaning up, it could be an awesome story!

Do you mind checking out and rating my song "Lunar Eclipse?" Curious to see what rating I'll get! ;-)

Great piece--if only dreams came true that easily! ;) I absolutely love your first line; it's a thought that goes through so many peoples' minds, including myself!