Tenn Love | Teen Ink

Tenn Love

By BehindBlueEyes BRONZE, Kearny, New Jersey
BehindBlueEyes BRONZE, Kearny, New Jersey

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

When we are young we date in order to attempt to weed out the bad options and find that perfect one. Then we break up with that certain someone and complain about it, but we shouldn't. We are each like a puzzle piece, with our own unique shape. That person happened to not fit our piece, and when we are young no one will. We make think we found that one and the might come very close to fitting perfectly with our piece, but they won't. It's because our puzzle pieces aren't in their permanent shape. They aren't complete yet because we aren't complete yet, we have yet to become the person we are destined to become. One day they will be and we shall found the perfect other half. But until our own piece is complete that day shall not come and we continue to try and search for someone that comes close to being the perfect fit.

I wrote this thinking about a friend who was sad over her current love life.