Lost Love | Teen Ink

Lost Love

May 30, 2011
By Katrinanne BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
Katrinanne BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

She could feel his hot breath against her cheek, but her eyes were closed so that she could not see the fine details of his flesh. Her lips were slightly parted, and she had to fight to prevent herself acting on the impulse to run her tongue over them in her nervous excitement. Their faces were just touching, their foreheads pressed together; their cheeks were a mere hairs breath apart. His hands were on her waist, her arms wrapped around her neck. He was going to kiss her. She knew he was. He had to. After all of this waiting, all of the time she had spent loving him…
"It's over." suddenly his voice, gravelly and low, cut through the silence as sharply as a knife. "I can't do this. I - I can't. It's not right."
Her eyes opened, and she looked at him in an attempt to perceive if he was serious. His face did not betray any teasing expression. She tried to stifle her small desperate gasp, taking a tripping step backwards, away from his warm body. He didn't try to hold her.
"What? I don't understand!" She cried out, her voice breaking off into a sob, her wide eyes peering at his familiar features wildly. He simply looked back at her, his gaze hardened.
"I don't really know if I'm sorry," he said. Then he turned on his heel and walked away.
Walked away.
After so long, love had left. He was supposed to kiss her, going to kiss her she was sure; but instead he chose to break her heart. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes, but remembered that he hated them. She turned away from his retreating figure quickly, wiping them hurriedly from her cheeks as she moved… and she ran. Her legs had never moved so swiftly, stumbling blindly, unheeding of any objects in her path. She was running from him, running from life, running from everything wrong in the world.
But she couldn't escape it, because with love gone, there was one thing left…
Nothing.