True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

June 2, 2011
By Ssharma SILVER, Houston, Texas
Ssharma SILVER, Houston, Texas
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa


I watched as Jordan whipped back his hair, the loose strands flying as if caught in a windstorm. His eyes darted back and forth; he was looking for something. What was it? I noticed the way his blue eyes shined in the reflection of the sunlight outside. He pulled out his DS from his pocket and guided Mario into the forbidden chambers. His eyes still darted around checking to see if the coast was clear. The teacher was on the prowl looking for victims who weren’t working on the assignment.

“Fran, what do you think you are doing?” Mr. Bobsled asked as I gazed lovingly in Jordan’s direction.

“ Umm, just day dreaming, nothing” I said quickly tearing my eyes off Jordan’s beautiful face.

“ Ewww, come on, you can do so much better. He’s gross and has cooties. You should pick someone like my boyfriend, Rupert Grint.” Louise said to me the pure disgust on her face turning into a pathetic dreamy look as she thought about the 22 year old British movie star.

“Shh,” I whispered, “ you don’t know what you are talking about.”
I was in love. The way his cheeks blew up as he spit a spitball at the back of his friend’s head. The way his eyebrows moved inward as he pretended to concentrate on the assignment when the teacher came around. He was just so dreamy. As I began start my “observing” stance, again Mr. Bobsled told everyone to put away their journals and come sit at the front of the room for story time.

“Hey, lets go sit over there” I whispered to Louise winking and nudging her.

“Ewww, with all those boys? No way!! They are groosss!” She replied in a snooty not so whispery voice.

“Shhhh!!! Gosh you are so loud!! If you go sit over there I’ll… give you my gushers for lunch!”

“ Gushers?!? That’s not fair. You know I can’t say no to Gushers!”

“Good, let’s go”
We took our place at the back of the room at the perfect spot, well the perfect spot for me. I watched as he whispered to his friend. The same loving look came over my face. I stared on as the teacher blabbed on about some random kids who had a horrible life and had an evil man out to get them. Jordan seemed to really enjoy the story. His eyes were glued on the book in Mr. Bobled’s hands. He had stopped talking to his friend and they were both watching the teacher entranced. My heart melted as I watched on. I saw him look over across the room and when I followed his gaze I saw who he was looking at. Mary Sue. Why was he looking at her?? Does he like her?? No, its probably nothing… I heard a faint bell ring in the background and I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.

“OWWWW!!!” I yelled, instantaneously turning bright red.

“Hahahaha , sorry, you looked… distracted… The bell just rang, its recess time.” Louise said between fits of laughter.

“Great thanks,” I hissed sarcastically, rubbing my sore shoulder.

“Are you okay?” I heard a melodic voice say from behind me.
No, I must be hallucinating. There is no way he is talking to me, I thought, but as I turned around sure enough, there Jordan was, looking concerned.

“I-I-I-I ‘m f-fine,” I said, blushing so hard the tips of my ears turned a dark ruby red.

“What’d you think of today’s story time?” He asked casually, obviously not able to pull himself away from my amazing charm.

“ I loved it, I thought it was really… cool, what’d you think?” I asked hoping he didn’t notice my fuzzy response.

“ I thought it was awesome! When Count Olaf took showed everyone his ankle! I was like WOAH!!!” He replied excitedly.

“ Yeah, “ I responded, “ That was like my favorite part!”

“No way! Mine too! Hey do you wanna come play four square with me I-I- mean us?” He asked, hopefully.

“ Um, yes! I mean, sure, I’d like that,” I said totally smooth and cool.

“ Awesome! Meet us at the back of the playground in ten minutes.” He said in his sweet voice before walking away.

“OMG! He talked to me, and he invited me to play four square with him!!!!” I squealed to Louise.

‘Whoop-dee-doo, lucky you…” She replied sarcastically. It’s okay, cuz she doesn’t get it. She’s never been in love.

Five minutes later Louise and I were waiting at the back of the playground next to the four square area .

I couldn’t see Jordan anywhere. Suddenly, from behind the bushes I heard someone talking.

“You know I really like her, but I don’t know what to do. When I get around her I jumble up my words and I get all nervous!”

“Dude, chill out, she’s just a girl, we have a game of four square to play in just five minutes, we need to prep. We can’t get beat by girls!” Replied another voice.

“Okay, okay. Wait, what if I let her win…” he continued, I heard him, but I figured he was talking about Mary Sue as I started running. I ran to the tree house crying.

“ Did you hear that?!? “ I cried to Louise, who had followed me. “ He likes Mary Sue! Even though I love him, he doesn’t love me! He invited me to play a game with him! Doesn’t that mean that he likes me? Obviously not!” I continued without letting Louise interrupt. “ He was just, just, line leading me on!” I said, using the term I think I heard on Lizzie McGuire.

“Well, are we still going to go play?” She asked.

“ Of course!” I replied. “ If we don’t it will be rude.”
I cried a few more tears before wiping them away and holding my pain in. Then we headed back over there to start the game.

“Hey!” Jordan said, smiling as we got there.

“Hi” I grinned, blushing in spite my pain.
With his fake loving introduction, we began the game. I won the first round, Louise won the second, and I won the third. I noticed many times when Jordan could have hit the ball and won, but for some reason he purposely missed it.

“ Looks like you’re the ultimate winner!” he said, happily, like he had expected it the whole time.
Then it dawned on me : He likes me! I was the one he was talking about in the bushes! I was the one he likes and wanted to let win!!!!!
“ Thanks!” I said, batting my eyelashes, tears forgotten “ What’s my prize?”

“ I don’t know… what do you want?”

“Here, come here, I’ll whisper it in you ear, I said, flipping my hair and he came close. Then, without thinking twice I brought my mouth down, kissed him on the cheek and ran as fast as I could to the other side of the playground. My face was burning bright red and my heart was racing. I ran and ran until I got to the small play doghouse that me and Louise decided was our secret hideout. As I jumped inside Louise was already there. I was blushing so hard I must’ve looked like a tomato. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Louise roll her eyes, but I didn’t care. She didn’t understand the love Jordan and I had. Wasn’t it obvious that we were meant to be together? I love him, and now I know he loves me too. He let me win at four square! That just proves how much he is willing to sacrifice for our undying love. Plus, now, we’re official. Someday we are gonna get married and be together forever and ever.

The author's comments:
Haha, this was inspired by me, when I was younger....