best friends through it all. | Teen Ink

best friends through it all.

By writteninthestars BRONZE, Hayward, California
writteninthestars BRONZE, Hayward, California

He’s my best friends boyfriend. He became my best friend too. So they’re both my best friends. Him and I video chat, we text, we talk on the phone, but most of the time he’s talking to me about her. Ever since they began dating she doesn’t talk to me that much anymore. So I’m closer to him now. Then it began, they got into one of the biggest fights ever. He came to school with a crying face, his eyes all puffed up, his face all red, and tear streak stains. My teacher noticed and had him stand outside in the hallway. I stood up from my chair and asked her if it was okay for me to go and talk to him. She knew how we were close and we were best friends so she let me go into the hallway. When I stepped foot out the door there he was, sitting in the corner with his head down. I walked to him.
“ What’s wrong?” I asked.
And he began,
“ she just doesn’t understand.”
“ what happened?”
He stood up and in front of me began screaming, not screaming at me, but just screaming of anger.
“ do you know what its like, when you just want someone to listen to you and they turn it into something stupid?!” and he went on with things relating that one question. Until his teary hazel eyes looked me straight in the eye, and he said, “ I don’t know what to do.”
I just starred at him, until I began speaking,
“ in my view of life, thing happen for a reason and sometimes---“
He kissed me. He cut me off in mid sentence with a kiss on the lips. Then he pulled away, slowly, and he just looked at me, with his hands holding my face, he was but inches away. We starred at each other for what felt like hours, but in reality was only a minute or two. I then pulled away, I ran down the hall to the girls bathroom. Opened the door and went in front of the mirror and just looked at myself, thinking this isn’t real. I then pressed my fingers across my lips. He was my first kiss and it wasn’t a bad kiss. It felt like those kisses from the movies when the guy cuts the girl off and they kiss and he has his hand on her cheek. I was nervous as I opened the door and took a step. He wasn’t in the hallway anymore. I made my way to the door of my classroom, I guess he told my teacher a lie on why I went to the bathroom because everything was going normal besides the fact that my best friends boyfriend who is also my best friend kissed me. That period then ended, and second period went flying by as well. Then while I was walking out of the classroom on my way outside for break, he pulled me aside and just held my hand. I let go because everyone was passing by. We walked out together and then I migrated away and looked for my best friend, the girl. When I found her I pulled her aside. We sat and she starts saying things about how her and him were done, how I shouldn’t even try to get them together again, and how she knows I always buy his side of the story. When she said that I stopped her, I began yelling.
“ maybe because you never tell me your side, you never talk to me anymore, I only know what happens because he tells me. You know what don’t get back together, I could care less. Do what your heart tells you.” Then I ran away. I’d never stood up to her before, I’d never really stood up to anyone. He saw me though, and he caught me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me in to his chest for a hug. I pulled away though. I went inside because the bell had rung. When lunch rolled around, I saw her walk up to him they talked for about ten minutes and ended with a hug. She walked towards me with a smile.
“ I love you and thanks for always being there even when I wasn’t a true friend.” She said to me and then gave me a hug. I figured they were together again, but I didn’t bother to ask. Later that day she called me and told me what they talked about and how they settled to just be friends. All three of us became the best friend trio. We ended up telling the girl what had happened that day and just everything. Nothing was awkward for him and I. We didn’t act like it didn’t happen, we acted like it happened. We would flirt, we still texted, we still video chatted, and we still phone’d. We never decided to date though. We were going to graduate 8th grade soon. We planned to stay best friends through high school and beyond. He stood next to me on graduation day and when they asked for our class to stand he held out his hand and I grabbed it. We held hands and then they began to count down for the class picture, he kissed my cheek. I surprised turned to face him then he kissed me again, on the lips.

on Jun. 29 2011 at 2:10 am
dude this is great!