Cloud in the Water

After a certain age, they started to get mad at her. I remember when she was younger and we’d play in the grass, she’d bring out pales of sand from the sandbox with barbies heads sticking from the grains. She’d tell me about preschool. I loved her preschool. I’ve never seen big people school but I know it must be pretty bad because of how they turned out. I didn’t want her to leave so I wouldn’t let her. I tried to give her a hug but of course, though I hate to admit it, she couldn’t feel me. I just wanted her to know how much I loved her. In the absence of my physical warmth, I wanted to show her how much she loved me. But they ruined it all. Even me, I had a goal to one day marry her. To kneel down on one knee with a shiny ring and be her prince. Now I was dead, I’m a cloud that fell from the sky into a pool of water.

I just dissolve and become nothing. I splash around and move with the current. They, they, and they are the ones I hate, the ones I wished she’d never end up like. They’d say that maybe she was a slow developer and she would make actual friends. Therapy didn’t work, buying furry animals that can sense everything didn’t work, more toys didn’t work. You’d think that’d be common sense, maybe she was happy how she was. They wouldn’t except it. She’s brainwashed now and I hope they’re happy. I don’t know who she is, where’s the little kid I used to love, the kid I fell in love with. She’s gone. I was her friend, could’ve been her lover. I was her friend but they said I was just an imaginary friend.