Forgiven | Teen Ink

Forgiven

May 22, 2011
By dreams_end PLATINUM, Ogden, Utah
dreams_end PLATINUM, Ogden, Utah
21 articles 8 photos 10 comments

His warm breath tickled my lips as our faces inched closer. I gazed into his soft brown eyes for a moment; our lips pressed together and I shut my eyes. Our bodies moved in slow, fluid motions in time with each other. His hands slipped under my shirt and lingered on the small of my back. I pulled away and lifted his black Asking Alexandria t-shirt over his head and tossed it onto the floor next to his bed.

"Hold on. I need to make sure the door's locked," he whispered. He stepped away and a few seconds later I heard the lock click. "Where were we?" he said with a devilish grin as he took my face in his hands and kissed me. I ran my hands all over his smooth torso, then clasped my fingers around his neck. His fingers were tracking lines around my waist as he inched my shirt up above my stomach. He moved my arms so they were above my head and slipped my shirt off. I took a quick deep breath; my heart was racing. He unbuttoned my jeans so carefully that I barely noticed. Since the belt was undone, they fell off my small frame. He stood back and I gasped. The moonlight streaming though his window shone on my pale skin. His eyes darted from my stomach to my thighs. His fingers traced the raised pink lines. He slowly lifted his head and stared into my eyes. I could see the distress written across his face.

"Baby girl…" His quiet, sad voice broke the deep silence. He knew now. He knew exactly how bad things had been before. He'd never see me the same again. "When? When did this happen?" His smooth voice was comforting, but I could hear the sorrow seeping through. I could imagine it wasn't easy for him… seeing the scars from when the one he loved most had hurt herself.

"I stopped a month ago, after I met you." A flood of memories rushed back. A single tear slid down my cheek. When it was just above the corner of my mouth, he brushed it away with his thumb. Without saying a word, he gently pulled me down onto the edge of the bed. He kissed every single scar, line, and stretch mark, melting away my insecurities as he went.

"I love you, my angel. Please never forget that."