Rainbow Eyes | Teen Ink

Rainbow Eyes

By paigeforeman GOLD, Washington, District Of Columbia
paigeforeman GOLD, Washington, District Of Columbia

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible!"-Walt Disney
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi
"The truth is out there."-The X-Files

Until now, I’ve never known the color of his eyes. Because of his personality, I always assumed that his eyes were a clear blue, but I was wrong, they’re green. Green like moss, grass, the leaves of trees, and shamrocks. Green is the color of growth and life, which he has so much of. I need that life so that he can put some in me.

That’s when I realize that I never really knew him, or maybe I did? I love him; shouldn’t I have known the color of his eyes since the time we first met? I’m not sure. I thought I knew his color, the color blue, like the deep sea. You can dive into him you know, but you can never swim down to the depths of his heart. I tried and tried, going farther than anyone else has ever gone, but he’s an abyss and I always have to come up for air.

Maybe he’s yellow like the sun, cheerful, happy, and always radiating light. I want that light so it can warm my cold heart. I want to bask in his warmth, let it wash over me like water. Maybe he can take away the fear and loneliness in me.

He may be red and orange, the colors of fire. He has passion that burns like wildfire inside of him and every time he touches someone, it spreads until a whole town is on fire, burning with passion. I have passion, but it’s only a candle, I need a torch that will show me the way. He can light it and guide me to where it is I want to go.

He could be indigo or violet, the colors of sadness. He’s filled to the brim with it sometimes, blue-violet tears leaking out of his eyes. He likes no one, but me so I am the one to comfort him. No one understands him though, not even me so he’ll be swept away by his violet river of tears, swept away from me. I have to jump in after him.

That’s when I really see his eyes for the first time. They’re the color of the rainbow, so simple, yet so complex. I look into his rainbow eyes and wonder what color he is right now.

I was never sure what the color of his eyes were. All that I knew was that I needed them.

on Jul. 22 2011 at 2:02 pm

"The truth is out there."-The X-Files

Thanks so much! :-)

on Jul. 18 2011 at 3:56 pm
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

this is so beautiful, head to toe, with the colors :)

Also i do adore the quote you have to the side. 

on May. 23 2011 at 6:10 pm
Always_Eternal SILVER, San Jose, California

A story has to have a beginning, a middle, and an end... but not necissarily in that order.

This is beautiful! It's almost poetry, the way you are so descriptive about the colors. I love it!

on May. 19 2011 at 6:46 pm

"The truth is out there."-The X-Files

Thank you!

TerraTAZz GOLD said...
on May. 18 2011 at 8:58 am
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

Loved the imagination in your story! It was very Vivid! Keep writinggg!