taking chances | Teen Ink

taking chances

By Screengirl24 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
Screengirl24 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other

love is like the wind, you can't see it, but you can feel it- a walk to remember

i walked up to Alex and pulled Alex out of the crowd. Alex looked confused, and was unsure of what was going on as I took Alex's arm and walked into a dark, quiet alley.

"Look, i have to tell you something, and it has been on my mind for so long, i just have to get it out," I told Alex.

Alex eyed me, still puzzled, but curious now. "What is it?"

"I can't take this anymore, i see you watching me sometimes, i see you around every corner i turn, and it's just too much. I can't get over this overwhelming feeling of love for you. I don't know if this is all in my head or anything but i thought that maybe you would have the same crazy feelings as me. i just felt like telling you, i don't know why. you can go and reject me and do whatever, but it doesn't matter i just needed this off my chest. This is the first time I ever felt something like this for someone like you and I'm just lost now," I finished.

Alex didn't know what to do, but just stood there. Alex looked like a deer in headlights, and just stood there like a bump on a log.

"Alright, i'm going," I said awkwardly taking Alex's long silence as an i-don't-give-a-crap.

How could i even have 1% of hope that someone like Alex could like someone like me.

As I turned on my heel and took one step, Alex grabbed me by the arm and pulled me in.

"Don't go, it's not that I don't have anything to say because I don't like you. It's more that I don't have anything to say because I like you, alot. I never knew that you had any feelings whatsoever about me, and i'm just... I don't know, chicken i guess. I really thought you weren't into me like that. But see, the thing is, I've had a crush on you ever since I first met you, and that was the first day of school, in the fifth grade. Ever since then I knew it was different, but I had no clue what to do, so i just pretended to not be interested. I love you so much Sam, and now you know too, I just never had a clue," Alex said.

It was the most wonderful feeling i have ever felt. I felt like soaring through the air, like nothing could stop me and that whatever dream i was encountering should never end. This is the kind of feeling I've longed and urged for. This feeling, of confidence and safety and happiness, I never want to leave it.

Sometimes, you can't just sit and wait for things to happen, you have to make them happen. Because there are those times when you're thinking about someone, and those times when you're wanting to be with them, and wanting to tell them how you feel, but are too scared to confront the person. And in those times, most of the time, the other person is doing the exact same thing.

Do you really want to spend your time saying "oh well" or asking "what if?"

i wrote this article in a specific way with unisex names to let eveyrone relate to it.

whether you are straight, gay, bi, or lesbian, this article shows eveyrone how love is all the same.

on Apr. 28 2011 at 1:34 pm
Screengirl24 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other

lol i know it sounds kinda weird but read the description. i purposely used the name cause i couldn't use he or she. its supposed to be in different perspectives

on Apr. 28 2011 at 7:31 am
Valhalla-is-calling GOLD, Waterboro, Maine

"No parent should have to bury their own child." -Theodin

In the beginning, you use the name, "Alex" too much

on Apr. 27 2011 at 4:36 pm
Screengirl24 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other

ya, i don't get why the quotations all showed up retardedly, lol sorry about that.