I still love you as much | Teen Ink

I still love you as much

April 13, 2011
By AmazingDaddyGirl BRONZE, Singapore, Other
AmazingDaddyGirl BRONZE, Singapore, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The feeling is just so real. Though it is just a dream and I was wondering, why did I even dream about you in e first place?

Your birthday was coming up, and due to rich family background, your dad insist that you’ll hold a grand party at a grand hotel’s ballroom where he will too be able to invite his friends and clients. You sent out invitations to all, including me but I was hesitant to go.

The day finally arrived, it was the party day. I was at school for band rehearsal dressed in a read hooded shirt with jeans not at all prepared for the party. After the practice which ended late, I realized that many are going to your party! Friends, teachers, principal! I was reluctant to go, I don’t know why. But still I went due to peer pressure and it seems like everyone wanted me to go. Without me going, none will. We hop on to some cars and a limousine and off we went.

We finally arrived at the hotel, all my friends and teachers disappeared. I guess they went to their table and sat down. I was alone, walking behind a crowd, a crowd of reporters. I tried to squeeze to the first row, to take a look at the place and it surprised me to see the huge ball room with at least 50 tables that sits 10 each. I was afraid that if I stay there longer, someone might spot me so I went back to stand behind the reporters. Soon, you walked out the room and down the aisle, looking as charming as ever, with a smile that no one can resist from being attracted. As for me, I continue to hide behind the reporters, hoping that you do not see me.

People are taking group photos and asking me to join but I tried to hide behind them all, ensuring that you won’t see my face and know that I’m there when you browse through the photos.

From a corner, I saw you holding a knife and cutting your cake which seems too small to be enough for all the guest but I remained silence. Quietly, I saw you slicing the cake and distributing it to your parents, how I wish I could just take a photo of you doing that. But I did not want to be a distraction therefore once again I stood there silently.

You look like you’re enjoying yourself and I guess I have seen what I wanted to see, You, so it’s time for me to leave. I turned around, with my hands in my red hooded shirt pocket and walked down the long and gentle slope which leads to the main door.

Well, I guess you caught me leaving. I tried to speed up to avoid you but as I heard you calling for me and asking me to stop, I couldn’t help but to pause. With every breath I could take, I turned around, with my best smile and ‘Happy Birthday’ was all that could come out. I stared at you speechless. You were too wearing a similar red hooded shirt and jeans, too casual to be noticed as the main person for tonight’s party.

You charged towards me, gave me a great hug and asked, ‘why are you leaving?’ ‘It’s late and I got to go home’, a lame excuse I thought of to cover up. Next thing I know, you grabbed my hands so tight that I couldn’t break off and walked me out the door, leaving your party alone.

We went over to a row of arm chair and there you sat down. I was sitting on the right arm of the chair. Our hands are still interlocked tightly and you didn’t seem to want to let go. You told me how you actually felt about the party, how you think that it redundant, but did not want to disappoint your dad. I affirmed you that you did a right choice and you should get back in and finish it.

Just then a friend whom is feeling lonely came toward us and asked if we mind accompanying him. We agreed. ‘So… what is the relationship between you two?’ he asked after looking at how close we are to each other and not knowing that we are together. No one knows. Just then, you place your arm around my waist, drawing me to yourself and I lean my head on your chest. ‘What do you think?’ I asked my friend in return.

I could feel the warm of your body and sense the spirit of helplessness in your voice but it seems like I could only do very little. All I wanted to do for that moment is to hold you close to me as tight as possible and give you a kiss on the forehead and that was just what I did.

‘Alright we had been out for too long and it’s time to go back to your party and meet your dad. They must be looking for you.’ I said at last. ‘I’m not going back unless you come with me.’ You replied. And I agreed.

We went back to your party and everyone is still having their meals. You sat down beside your grandmother while I stand beside you. I brought you back into mood and guess it’s time for me to look for my friends.

I found them at last and told them that it’s getting late and guess we should get going since they had also finished their food. Everyone got up to get ready. I turned around, and there you were right behind me, asking me to stay longer. I insisted on leaving as it’s really late and you asked me to wait for you. ‘I’ll wait for you while walking out.’ I said and you hurried off to grab your stuff.

As I walk out with friends behind me, we met again with you on the opposite direction. You turned and walk me out, suggesting new stuff that we could do such as feel like buying bubble tea outside just so that I would be around you for a little longer. I could sense that you really wanted me to stay around but can’t say it out because our friends are behind and as I said, no one knows about us. Just before I could reply, I woke up.

So it’s still a dream after all. It’s never really happening. Well at least for now, I’m glad that you’re not that rich to an extent that it frightens me. But this dream had been in me for the entire day and we’ll never really know what might happen in future do we? I guess I still love you as much.