Here I Come, Julia | Teen Ink

Here I Come, Julia

By Livelaughlovewrite BRONZE, Danbury, Connecticut
Livelaughlovewrite BRONZE, Danbury, Connecticut

Smile.

“Dude, what the hell?”

This is the response I get for calling my dearest friend. I don’t respond and soon I can hear his head flop back down on his pillow. He asked me to call him when I finished being mad at him, and this is the thanks I get? A warm welcome indeed.

“Honestly, what the hell are you doing calling me at 3 A.M.?” He sounds angry with me, which I guess he has a reason to be. It is pretty late…early…I don’t really care.

“You told me to call you….”

“Well, I didn’t mean wake me up to do it! Have you really been up all night?”

“Yep.” Gosh. I am so stupid! What was I thinking? Of course he’d be asleep, not mulling over the meaning of the universe all might like me.

“I can’t believe you! Dude, this is getting ridiculous! You have to get over her! She’s not coming back, she’s not gonna magically reappear in front of you at 3:33 A.M. As much as you want it, it’s not going to happen! Meanwhile, some of us would actually like to get some sleep. If you don’t have anything else to say, I’m gonna try to get back to my dream of Jess.”

“But…”

“I’m done, dude. Night” Click.

“I’m sorry!” I rush to say, but it’s too late. He’s gone, and I’m alone. My phone blinks at me and dies. Where the heck is my charger? I can’t find it anywhere. I give up. I lie down, close my eyes, but sleep refuses to relieve my pain. I clearly won’t be getting any rest tonight.

I hear a doorbell from the front door downstairs. I know who it is, but it doesn’t change a thing. He knows, I’m sure of it. Why else would he come over? He’s never really been at my house, once or twice, that’s it. So he has to know. He probably called my phone a dozen or so times after he figured it out. Then he got really concerned, so he decided to come over here. I hope he finds my note. Cause I’m running away. So goodbye world, and adieu. I see him walking up the stairs, and with wide eyes, he starts to run down the hallway towards me. Everything is moving farther away, moving in slow motion. It’s starting to look like those portrait pictures with the fuzzy black edges. I feel my rope necklace tightening. Here I come Julia.

I have a book full of ideas for writers with writer's block. I flipped open the book to a page that said to start a story with a call at 3 A.M. From there, it evolved into this story after I thought of the first line. I hope you like it.

Alise BRONZE said...
on Apr. 22 2011 at 11:22 pm
Alise BRONZE, El Monte, California

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it.

Hey, good story:)

what is that book called?

the one that helps u with writers block?