Princess of Flowers

The wind whispered softly. The wild flowers swayed gently in the breeze as I danced

among them. I laughed aloud as colorful petals filled the air. They were dancing with me.

Gracefully raising my arms, I swayed back and forth as wheat in the wind. Petals landed

softly in my beech nut color locks, forming a crown. I was a flower princess.

The wind rustled my hair, and the petals floated away. Away, far away, they went. I

danced for them. I danced to their glory and beauty.

Hair windblown, cheeks flushed, I ran swiftly after them. They were going home and I

with them.

LifeIsPoetry said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:06 am:
I like the way this is organized- somewhere between a poem and a story. Your imagery and word choice is great! Keep writing!

Kailey4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:15 pm:
This is really beautiful!! I like the spacing, and even thought I don't completely undertand it, I like the style. I like to write things like this, too:)

Jesusisalive replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 6:16 pm :
Sometimes my writind doesn't neccessarily have a lot of meaning. It was just written from inspiration or something. Thanks for your comment though. :)