you are everything that I ever wanted | Teen Ink

you are everything that I ever wanted

Your eyes burn into mine, staring at me with a strong intensity. I’m sorry. I can’t. You wait for me to say it. I’m sorry. I can’t. Time slows, the moment is frozen.

To some it could be a scene taken from a heartfelt romance. The young boy and girl, always friends, grew up with each other. Laughing and crying together, they have known each other forever.

The boy realizes she is everything he ever wanted. She’s the only one that understands him, who he can tell anything to, he truly loves her. He doesn’t know when his feelings for her started to change. He only knows they have. He watches her as she laughs with him, how she hugs him when she’s sad, how she talks to him late at night. He knows all her fears, her likes, and her dislikes. He knows her smile and when she is trying to cover up that something is wrong. He knows her. And loves her still.

The girl realizes how much she needs him. He’s the only one that can understand when the whole world is against her. She can tell him anything and everything. He’s her best friend. She loves the little moments they have together where they hardly say anything and all they do is laugh. She loves his laugh. She watches him as smiles at her, when he needs her for sadness falls on to him like a crashing wave, when they talk in a language that no one else seems to understand. She knows all his goals and his worries. She knows how he feels just by one look at his face. She knows him. And loves him still.

The boy looks at his friend he understands the risk. Whatever happens, good or bad, their relationship will change. It won’t be the same. He has weighed the option over and over in his mind. But he has to tell her. He sees no other option. Besides how can she not feel the same way? He loves her. It is obvious to everyone… except her. He wait for the right moment, it has to be perfect. In his mind everything plays out exactly. He will confess his feelings. She will say she felt the same way. The will be together for the rest of forever. There is no doubt in his mind that this will not happen. It must. It is fate.

The girl looks at her friend and his confused. He has not been the same lately, something is about to change in their relationship. She stays up at night worrying. She has her suspicions about what he will tell her. He is her friend, her best friend. She loves him, she looks at him and see’s someone she trusts, she looks at him and sees a brother. He must feel the same way. How can he not? They share everything and anything. In her mind she can see it clearly. They grew up together and they will always know each other and be there to support each other. She will go to his wedding, and he hers. There is no doubt in her mind that this will not happen. It must. It is fate.

The boy is filled with excitement, fear, and anticipation. Today is the day. He sees the girl. She is laughing and talking to a friend. He has not seen her this happy in a while. He smiles, this is a good sign he thinks to himself. He approaches her once her friend leaves.

She looks him in the face; she has never felt this happy. She greets him, “Hey! I have something to tell you.”

He stares into the face he loves and replies, “Hi yourself. I have something to tell you too. But you go first.”

She can’t hold it in anymore and squeals, “He asked me out! I have a boyfriend.”

Your eyes burn into mine, staring at me with a strong intensity. I’m sorry. I can’t. You wait for me to say it. I’m sorry. I can’t. Time slows, the moment is frozen. How can you not see that I love you? That I am better for you. That I am the one that understands you. I must say it. I have too, you’re still waiting. I look into you’re deep lovely eyes and say.

“I’m happy for you.”