chapter seven: Forever waiting

In that one word, I’ve left myself stranded in pit of fear and guilt. I can’t run away any longer. I’m stuck here waiting for the suspense to end and for the truth to finally be told.
I tried as best I could not to look into his brown eyes and get lost in them. If I was pulled in I wouldn’t be able to get free of him. I wouldn’t be able to find comfort in knowing we’ll never be together again. I don’t want to be with him. I won’t let myself be with him, but as I sneak a look at his face I fall. I fall back into the past. It was like that first Halloween all over again. I was nervous and shy, but part of me still felt like that girl on prom night still at the edge of my seat waiting.
But this time I was not waiting for him to sweep me off my feet and take me to prom. No; I was waiting for something much more important. I was waiting for answers- something to calm my endless unanswered questions. What brought Aoran back into my life? What allows him to take the steps back into my heart? Truthfully, it felt as though he was already inside, but was he allowed to stay?
As these thoughts flew through my mind, I barely realized he was speaking to me. “You havta forgive me, please?”
“Sorry, what?”
“Sophie, please. I’m asking you to forgive me. After everything-“
“No; I mean ‘why should I?’” I corrected.
“I didn’t send you that text okay? That wasn’t me, I swear.”
“Then who was it?”
“Gerry.”
At the sound of the name my jaw dropped, “What?”
“Gerry Williams.”
“Ya, I heard you. But why?”
“Remember two weeks before prom?”
The incident was quickly pushed to the front of my mind, but I didn’t remember mentioning it to him at all.
“What are you talking about?”
“Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about. I know what Gerry did. He told me all about it.”
“Okay, Gerry asked me to prom. What does that have to do with anything?”
His eyes bore into mine and I could tell he wasn’t up for any BS and he knew that I wasn’t stating all the details.
“I know you’re trying to hide it, but I already know. I’ve known since before I got here so don’t try to pretend like him kissing you never happened.”
“Alrite! I get it . It happened. What else do you want me to say? It was one kiss, I pushed him away and I turned him down. I didn’t go to the prom with him! I didn’t even go to the prom with you! So don’t stand here and try to make me feel bad because I’m tired of it and I’m tired of us!”

mercebeinyata said...

I this story, but it is so sad that some one with such talent like you has lowered themself to using a curse word to describe the feelings of the Aoran in the story.

Imperfectlife replied...
this story is good and plus, this is the view of the girl, so you couldn't just describe the boy's view because it's the girl, not the boy, so that's why he cursed to make it realistic beacuse people curses when they cannot describe their feelings.

wonderHaley said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:31 am
Please, please, please, write a next chapter. This story is absolutely AMAZING!

leneypanini replied...
FIRST, you must tell me what your FAVORITE PIECE IS(: your absolute favorite!

Vixen said...
Wow.. Love this story... Cant wait for the next chapter... :)

indyauthor said...
I really like this story; it's sweet and sad and keeps me reading. Except o don't understand why he never picked her up for prom or never spoke to her afterwards if he didn't send the text...maybe explained in next chapter?

wonderHaley replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:37 am
Yes. I also wondered the same thing. Because if he didn't send the text and he never found out that it was the other guy until college, then why didn't he still pick her up or talk to her again afterwards?

Schubster said...

I was nervous and shy, but part of me still felt like that girl on prom night still at the edge of my seat waiting.

^^ loved those parallels...or are they metaphors?

Gah, whatever they are, they were excellent :D great work with the story thus far.

wonderHaley said...
May 21, 2011 at 7:46 am
Hello? I'm waiting for the next chapter. Please hurry! :)

wonderHaley replied...
Hello? Where are you? I really need a next chapter. Your killing me, just leaving me hanging here. C'mon, please:(

bayleegurl said...
PLEASE PUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!

Victoria_P said...
you said before his eyes were blue.

Victoria_P replied...
but it is good. i cant wait. its very good.

lunalovegood32 replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:40 am
yea i thought she said blue too

Nessa13 replied...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 9:36 am
I was thinking the same thing! Because when she said she had to look away from Jeramys gray eyes, ahe looked right into Aarons light blue ones!! Still this novel is coming out AMAZING!!!!

wonderHaley said...
Ahhhhhh. Thank youuu. FINALLY! i LOVE how you gave me a shourt out! I loved it:) More pleasee! You just can't end it here!

twizzlerluva97 replied...
May 1, 2011 at 10:26 am
omigosh u need to write another one this is too good

Hammi said...
You can't just leave in here, right another PLEASE!!!!!!

BlackRose55 said...
Ok, that was really good :D, are you thinking of making another one!?