True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

March 25, 2011
By EnglishFanatic BRONZE, Jersey, Other
EnglishFanatic BRONZE, Jersey, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
'Never Say Never' - Justin Bieber.


I was sitting in the living room, staring at the clock.
“Why hasn’t he come yet?” I whispered to myself. It must’ve been quite a loud whisper, because mum heard and replied, “Darling he’s a boy, they love to be late; he’s probably stood on the drive looking at his watch and counting the seconds.”
“Yeah.” I said in disbelief.
The doorbell rang out through the house. “There he is, love!”
I ran out the door and down the hallway. I stopped and took a quick peek at the mirror by the door; I smiled at my reflection, flicked my hair and opened the door with a beaming face. Leo looked up from the floor, his deep green eyes sparkling. “These are for you.” He mumbled, and passed me some flowers.
“Thank you.” I smelt the flowers, they smelled like summer.
“I don’t know what they are, I just asked for pretty ones.” He giggled. I laughed too.
“Bye Joanna, have a good night!” mum called from the living room.
I rolled my eyes and stepped out onto the porch.
“Be home by 11!” mum yelled.
The sun was just beginning to dip behind the clouds; it was nearly the end of summer. In just a few short weeks I would be back at school.
Leo grabbed my hand and we walked along the pavement to the park, it was silent, but not awkward, it was a peaceful silence that didn’t need to be filled. We walked slowly into the park, the mums were just leaving with their toddlers and prams and the park keeper was strolling around happily. We sat on the ground by the trees and stared at the already setting sun. I felt his eyes on me and I turned to the side, he quickly jerked his head back to face the view. I laughed.
“What?” he said, smiling.
“Nothing…” I giggled to myself.
He looked at me and spoke in a soft voice. “Joanna, I just want you to know that I’ve been looking forward to tonight all week and - I really do like you.”
My head turned to the side once again. Leo was smiling, the smile that made me go weak at the knees, good thing I was sitting down. Suddenly he snatched the flowers from my hand and bolted across the park lawn. I chased him and shouted, he tripped and we both fell onto the floor in fits of uncontrollable laughter. We were laying there on the floor, side by side, like they do in the movies. We just stared at the sky, as if there was no tomorrow, and time had stood still, it was just me, him and the sunset.
“Joanna?” he said, not taking his eyes off the pink sky.
“Yes…” I replied, as butterflies came up from my stomach to my neck.
“I- I- urm…” he stuttered nervously.
“Yes?”
I turned to face him this time. And he looked at me too. We both sat up and leaned in. This was it. This was the kiss that was going to change my life. Our lips touched and the whole world stood still, there were fireworks in my brain. I couldn’t believe it, it was just the way my mum had told me true loves kiss would feel. After what seemed like 5 million years we both pulled away, the sun was just going behind the trees and I could see the darkness beginning to take over the skies.
“Joanna, I love you.” He said.
“Leo, I love you too.”

The author's comments:
well, i had a boyfriend and i wanted to write it so i could get out what i wanted to happen and make my boyfriend more compassionate. But it never happened