Accidents | Teen Ink

Accidents

By LoveMeIfYouDare BRONZE, Lafayette, Louisiana
LoveMeIfYouDare BRONZE, Lafayette, Louisiana

"I have many injuries. It is better not to talk about them." ~ Natalia Ma

I write you poems and let you read my writing. Nothing really jumps out and grabs your attention, you say. Need I jump and grab you, pulling you back down to earth? Gravity is a liar. It will never keep you on the ground once you develop wings. Sometimes I sit and daze off and dream. Of you, of course. You don't know it, but I want your hand to accidentally brush against mine. And stay there. You think we're friends. But we never talk. I try to make something of you to hate. Something so I can let go of your jacket so you can go back to where there is no gravity. Do you lie in bed and dream as you daze off or are you staring at me? I don't think you know it but silently i want you to notice me. You sit there with your pretty girlfriend. She's not me. She’s happy. I watch the salt roll down my pale cheeks in the mirror of your apartment. You invited me over. But you’re not here. You get home and you sit there, on your bed. You’re quiet. You don’t say a word and I fell complied to pry the words out of you. But I don’t because I want you to tell me on your own. You stare off into space and I wipe my eyes with the back of my sleeve. The sleeve I wear my heart on for you. Remember that time you told me nothing grabbed your attention? Well, it wasn’t up for grabs.

Soulless BRONZE, Oskaloosa, Iowa

"I don't think I'm crazy when I talk to myself.
I don't think I'm crazy when I answer myself, either.
It's the times when I have to ask myself to repeat what I said, because I wasn't paying enough attention in the first place, that worries me..."

Oh my goodness, i LOVE this!! i so wish i could write something like this, and i would, but i don't know why i can't. Keep up the good work!!

Thank you! It means a lot to me when people comment on my work. :)

Sinister-Von GOLD, Shawnee, Oklahoma

never stop doing what you love, The past makes you who you are today. Live for today and not for tomorrow

I like  it keep it up

Dominicano_Loco PLATINUM, Spotsylvania, Virginia

"Live and learn, and when ya fall, Stand Strong and come back!"/"I'm goin to regrett this 1 tomorrow."

Oh my... This just shows how much a relationship can hurt somebody :( I truly feel for you. And i'm sorry

on Jul. 18 2011 at 9:28 am

Thank you very much!!

RFrocker23 PLATINUM, Ballwin, Missouri

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

I like this. I can definately relate to whoever is feeling all this whether it's you or just an imaginary character. Very mysterious, and I like the ending. Something was a little off with the flow, however, so some advice would be to make sure you have a variety of sentence structure and no fragments.

on Jul. 9 2011 at 8:04 am

Thanks,Lizzie!!

blacksummer2014 SILVER, Brookfield, Wisconsin

"'I love you all; except you, Draco, I can't f****** stand you'"-- Harry from A Very Potter Musical

"Granger! Oh I thought you were a boggart!!!" -Albus Dumbledore from A Very Potter Musical

Punzie! This was great! :) can't wait to see what else you post!

DeeCaf said...
on Jul. 1 2011 at 12:52 am
DeeCaf, No Way, Other

That's the thing about cake, it demands to be eaten.

Ooh, now I get it. You must've written it way back! Writing with your heart and soul is important. It's the only way I know too. I write because it's the only I know of expressing my feelings. It's easier to write than say :)  

DeeCaf said...
on Jul. 1 2011 at 12:50 am
DeeCaf, No Way, Other

Ooh, I get it now. So, you've must written it way back! Writing with your heart and soul is the most important thing. You don't write with the motive that other people like it. You write to express your feelings! :) 

Thanks,Dee!! This was written based on how I felt about a guy at one point,and like I mentioned before: I write not with my head,but with my soul. (And maybe a little bit of my heart.)

DeeCaf said...
DeeCaf, No Way, Other

I love this Posy! It's great :) ANd I too loved the ending <3 Just a question though, is this based on how you feel? or is it just imagination? 

Thanks,Will. :D

We-R-3 BRONZE said...
We-R-3 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

A picture is worth a thousand words, however it takes a real artist to turn words into pictures.

Have you heard about the new Lebron Iphone, you have to set it on vibrate because it doesn't have any rings

I like it. It has a nice message and at the same time it is mysterious in ways. Good job. XD

on Jun. 29 2011 at 11:30 am

Thank you,ending it was the fun part for me. It was like adding the icing to the cake. :D I actually wrote this in French first,so this is my translated version.

on Jun. 29 2011 at 11:29 am

Thank you so much,Finchy,it really means a lot to me! :) I try to write with my soul,never my head.

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

This is really, really, really good. (sorry about the three 'reallys', but this deserves it). It is short, but emotion rings through the whole thing, and your word choice was excellent. I especially love how you ended it--so perfect. Bravo on a wonderful piece. :)

Finchy BRONZE said...
Finchy BRONZE, Fort Myers, Florida

LoveMeIfYouDare,

Although I am a guy, I can still identify with the emotions being felt in this paragraph. I think that this fact shows what a great writer you are when it comes to initiating feelings in your readers. I loved the stream-of-conscious-esque vibe I was feeling when I read this. It was like I was thinking it myself. I love your style and am excited to read more of your work.

Cheers

Finchy

Thank you!! I will continue to write!I have no other choice,I'll kill myself if I cannot write!

WritingSpasms, Los Angeles, California

"Devils run when a good man goes to war."
- River Song from Doctor Who (Ep. A Good Man Goes to War)

This is really good. I love it when people right from their heart and soul. Keep on writing :)