It's Him Again | Teen Ink

It's Him Again

By musicloveswritting16 SILVER, Troy, Missouri
musicloveswritting16 SILVER, Troy, Missouri

There he is, and all you can think is, "It's Him again." Suddenly, you're world goes quiet as he comes up to you, talks to you, and all you can think is "It's Him again."
slowly, you're lost in him again, trying to save yourself from Him, but it's too late. he has you caught. Caught in his face, his eyes. Caught in his talent. Caught in his hug that surrounds you. Caught in Him, just because he is Him. He drives you crazy with longing, even thought you never show it, because it's Him. He's the one that you whisper to your friends about, so much that they might not even care anymore. He's the one who keeps you up at night, hoping, praying that he's up thinking about you too. It's Him that holds so much power over you that it scares you half to death, but only because you're scared of the rejection that might come if he knows that all you can think about is Him. you try to forget Him, but he's always there smiling, like nothing in the world is wrong. He makes you angry with just one look, because all you want to do is stand and shout "I love you, won't you love me too?"

But you say none of this to Him. You say none of this to your friends. You keep it with you, at all times, the little lantern in the dark. Now, as you see Him turn and leave, it hits you again that you'd rather have this Him, the friend, always and forever, no matter how much it drives you insane and hurts you, than no Him at all.

You know, this is exactly how I feel, and this is my battle not to screw it up like I have before. It's better to have something than to have nothing at all.

on Mar. 26 2011 at 11:15 am
Annabelle294 SILVER, Branford, Connecticut
I love this, and can completely relate!

on Mar. 24 2011 at 7:21 pm
starsinthesky BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida

You taught me to love fearlessly and to open up my heart. I've never known anyone like you. I love you to no end. ~ Phil Martin

i love this piece! it is so beautifuly written and so so true. I have a "him" too. and I feel the same way. but you know what? if he is the right "HIM" then love is better.

on Mar. 23 2011 at 6:49 am
LoveeHurtss BRONZE, Leeds,

"If Youuu Love Soemone Let Them Go If Theyy Come Back There Yours Forever If Theyy Dont It Was Never Meant Too Be."

My "Him." Is always there always around and actually knows how i feel well he knows i care. he used to be the guy in this story then i wanted more and my "him" is just a distant memory although i still feel the same. I wish i'd have read your story a few months ago then maybe i'd still have my "him" and my fantasy.=]Great Work(: Keep writting.

on Mar. 22 2011 at 3:33 pm
ketchupheadwriter GOLD, Centralia, Washington

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

this is exzctly how i feel right now!! dont u just hate it but love it.at least it gave u a good story:)

on Mar. 22 2011 at 11:17 am
rainonroses GOLD, Dayton, Ohio

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-Judy Garland

Oh my gosh. This is EXACTLY how I feel about my "him". Word for word. This is amazing, I've been looking for some way to describe it and this is it. Keep writing!

on Mar. 22 2011 at 10:53 am
Giggletard123082846 BRONZE, Wiggins, Colorado

"my soul is stuck somewhere between a fuzzy pink scarf and a strait jacket"

You know that is so true. You might as well have just entered my mind and taken the words.