In My Life | Teen Ink

In My Life

By a7xangel SILVER, East Hampton, New York
a7xangel SILVER, East Hampton, New York

My heart still aches in sadness, and secret tears still flow. What it meant to lose you, no one will ever know.

When people ask me what I like to write about, I simply say, “my life.” There is nothing like it. It is always changing, going in a million difference directions. And when I’m lost, well that’s when I turn to him. You can’t help who you fall in love with. It just happens. I mean, it just happened. Andrew is the greatest boyfriend anyone could ever ask for. He respects my boundaries, he knows my past. He knows me. I should be completely head over heels in love with him, because he deserves it. But I’m not. I guess I’m just hoping if I stay with him long enough, eventually all the memories will fade. I am in love with a boy named Alex. He lives half-way around the world and I only get to see him once a year. Every summer, I go to the amazing city of Auckland, New Zealand, and stay with my cousin for about two weeks. I spend as much time with Alex as possible. We still talk once in a while through e-mail, but it gets more and more painful every day. That’s why I have to stop. Alex used to say he loved me every time we talked. But now he never says it anymore. Of course I can’t help it. He knows I love him and all he can say is “I know.” Something has changed in his heart and I have no idea what it is. And so, this is why I have to let him go. Three years I’ve been holding on, and I don’t really feel that it’s worth it anymore. Andrew is more of my type anyways. You know what they say, the course of true love never did run smooth.

I just feel really bad about being with my boyfriend and still be in love with someone else. But I know I'll always be alone if I keep holding on.

a7xangel SILVER, East Hampton, New York

Thanks for the feedback. I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

a7xangel SILVER, East Hampton, New York

He isn't coming in second best anymore.

msoccerm345 SILVER, Grimes, Iowa

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

okay this is super super creepy. i mean not your writing cuz it is amazing but im kinda going through the same thing. My boyfriend (whos name is Andrew, weird right??) knows everything about me and i know he would do anything for me. he even talks about getting  married. i know i should be head over heals in love with him but im really not. i am in love with this guy named Zach that i dated last year for 9 months. he is like my other half but we broke up because i thought he would be happier without me. it is so hard. i really feel what you are going through.

on Mar. 23 2011 at 7:07 am
LoveeHurtss BRONZE, Leeds,

"If Youuu Love Soemone Let Them Go If Theyy Come Back There Yours Forever If Theyy Dont It Was Never Meant Too Be."

If you feel so bad on your boyfriend and he's more of your type then why is he coming second best? I was witha boy and everytime the boy i really loved text,mail or saw me i remember my actual boyfriend didnt know a thing so i ended it and although now i miss him Im glad i did it. But i lost the lad i trully loved by doing this. It is time to let go adn stop holding on to something that will probably never happenn. Good writting thou. i really feel wher eyour coming from. I'll look out for more of your work.(: x