Headphones

It was something about the song.
I don't know what. Not the actual song, not really. More the symbolism of it. And I wasn't even into symbolism.
It was more that you were a part of it. That every time I heard it, I would associate it with you.
In case you were wondering who I am, I'm not going to tell you. You don't need to know anything other than that I'm that girl, you know, the one two years younger than you? Who follows you around?
And I know you think I'm hot too (first of all, because you think anything that moves and could pass for a female is hot), but also because I know you were looking at me. I just know it.
Anyway, the song. It was just like the lyrics said: I did want more. And I did wonder what you were wait for, all the time. I mean, I liked you, you liked me. It was that simple.
Except I knew it wasn't. Because, if it were that simple, we would be at a restaurant together right now.
My friends tell me I'm stupid for liking you. You must realize you have a reputation for being the world's biggest pervert. But they didn't see you come out from behind the recycling bin, and smile. At me. You smiled. At me.
And there I go, listening to the song again. Every time I hear it through my headphones, it seems a little less clear, a little more distant. As if it was drifting away from me.
As if you were drifting away from me.

Guesswho? said...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 9:31 am

I luv it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 u!

-A

HWP and Z replied...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 11:27 am

but also because I know you were looking at me. I just know it.

HAW! No, it was good though... way to go!

The Rabid Chipmunk