Abusive Boyfriend

"Don't. Hit. Me." I said through my clenched teeth. "Don't. EVER. Hit. Me." I had enough courage to say these words but, now, whatever ever courage I had was gone.

We were behind the schools back building. No one could have seen us. It was almost 5PM and down here, in these parts of Arizona nobody was still at school on a Friday, no students, no teachers, not even the janitors.

"Why was that guy talking to you?"

"I don't know, Will, okay?" I sounded kind of b*tchy, but I definitely had a right after he slapped me.

He shook his head, looking furious.

"I'm leaving."

"You will leave when I say you can leave, got it?" He talked slowly.

"Actually. No." I smiled letting him no I wan't afraid of him anymore. "I think I can leave whenever I want to." I held my voice on the word 'I.'

He looked at the not-so-green grass and slowly raised his hand.

"Please." I paused as he looked at me. "Don't."

"I wasn't going to." He looked as if he was going to cry.

"You did before." I said at my softest voice knowing he could still hear me.

I leaned against the wall of the back building and lowered myself to sit on the grass. When I saw Will coming to sit next to me I rested my forehead on my knee's.

"Listen..." Will started but got interrupted.

"I don't want to listen. I've been listening and I'm done." I stood up and looked at him as he raised his head to look at me. "I'm done with everything. You can't treat me like this. I won't let you." My voice was now a whisper.

He stood up. "I won't let me, either." There was a long pause. "I promise. I'm sorry."

I tried turning away but he grabbed my hands and I didn't try to pull free.

"I love you." Will had tears in his eyes.

Will has always told me so many times before. 'I. Love. You.' I've always believed him. Those small little words. They always made me forgive him. Will this time be the same? Probably, I answered in my head, and I'll hate myself for it. I can't help myself sometimes. I used to think of myself as 'lucky' for having a boyfriend like him. Yep, I sure am a Lucky Ducky! I have a hot boyfriend that just violently touched me for the first time ever in 3 years of dating. Maybe it was just him slipping up. We've been together for so long and it's never happened before, so it probably won't ever happen again. Yeah. I know Will, and 'Abusive Boyfriend' is NOT his title. Right?

"No!" I pulled away from him. "Do you not remember that you just hit me?! If you loved me..." I breathed out. "...you would have never done that."

"Harper, I'm sorry." He looked in my eyes. "I didn't mean it."

"If you didn't mean it, you wouldn't have done it. Your an a**hole and I'm in done with taking the blame." I turned away and headed for my car.

"B*tch." He whispered as he watched me walk away.

leneypanini said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 8:31 pm:

well, thanks for absolutely loving my work! (: i'm really grateful LOL, if you were to see my facebook status's you could tell how absolutely amazed i was to have you<3 so THANK YOU. 

Anyway, about this piece. You have style and thats a really great thing to have because it takes you somewhere(: you just need to work a little on grammar and not using words over and over again, unless you mean to do that(:

This piece kind of sounds familiar, but I like it anways(: well, T... (more »)

wonderlandhaley replied...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm :

Your Welcome. You've been my favorite writer since i first discovered Teen Ink and i have almost all of your work pretty much memorized!

And thank you for the advice. It means a lot!

secrets said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 1:02 pm:

It was unoriginal. I do not mean to sound harsh but....

Also, just use quotation marks, for they are not confusing like &quot. 

wonderlandhaley replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm :

i do use quotation marks! haha, everyone says that. Whenever it submits any of my articles and with other people to, it just automatically changes to '&quot' but then, it changes back to quotation marks so i don't know whats up with that. 

But, thank you. I'm not going to take that harshly. I love when people leave harsh comments, it lets me know what i'm doing wrong. 

I would love to read some of your writing if you have any. Let me know if so. :)

ilygriff said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 9:17 am:
lack of puncuation and word choice not the best but i like the story line. keep writing.

wonderlandhaley replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 3:09 pm :

I know its not the best. I was mostly writing this story only because i couldn't really think of anything else to write about. 

But, thank you for your feedback. 

Do you have writing on Teen Ink? I would love to read some! Let me know! :)

SassyJones said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 10:16 pm:
good story but the lack of punctuation and the &quot instead of " was really distracting. 

wonderlandhaley replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 3:00 pm :
i knowww. hahah. i always put " instead of &quot but when it gets on here it automatically does that and about a week later it goes back to quotation marks. 

SassyJones replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 10:18 pm :
ha thats weird. yeah i see its changed 

wonderlandhaley replied...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 5:11 pm :
Also, if you could, could you read my other article titled: 'Live, Laugh, Love, Cry.' If you could also leave me some feedback that would be wonderful! Thank You:)