Broken Hearts | Teen Ink

Broken Hearts

By Jessi_and_him_6.6.11 BRONZE, Keller, Texas
Jessi_and_him_6.6.11 BRONZE, Keller, Texas

"you're only in trouble if you get caught" Aladin

She looked at her phone, the words still ringing violently in her head. "I love you, Kym!I will call you the second I land in California!" The call never came. She was slowly starting to realize she would never hear his voice again, never have the opportunity to reply to his texts again, never feel his touch and never laugh with him again. he was gone, and she was losing all control. She was in love with him and now it was too late. She wanted all of this to be a bad dream, that she would wake up and see his beautiful sea blue eyes. He would pull her into his arms and she would run her fingers through his dark, shaggy brown hair and kiss his perfect lips. She would never see him again. She would never be able to say "I love you" to him ever again. Her life had come to an abrupt, screeching halt, and there wasn't a single thing in the world she could do.
Her emotions thrashed around in her head like waves before a storm at sea. The remains of what had once been her love filled heart now lay like shattered glass on the floor that she not dare pick up with fear of getting cut. She now looked as if she hadn't showered in weeks. Her beautiful thick brown hair was now matted, greasy, and sloppily thrown into a ponytail. Her face was stained with tears like Coca Cola stains on a white shirt. She occasionally came out of her room when the hunger became too much to handle. Normally, she only ate cereal or soup. Rarely did she ever talk to her family, or she avoided it at all costs. And when her friends called or texted her, she just ignored them. She didn't want the sympathy. All she wanted was to have Tyler back, but she knew she would never have him back.
Tyler had given Kym four pices of jewlery that she always wore up until his death. First was a necklace that had a "T" and a "K" mixed together on a beautiful gold chain. The second was a beautiful golden charm braclet with a "T" on one link, a "K" on another link and a silver heart with a gold arrow going through it. The third thing he had given her was an anklet that said "Kym" in silver and was on a golden chain. Finally, Tyler had given Kym a princess cut diamond ring with amazing saphire accents on a perfect gold band. Engraved on the back of everything was "I will love you forever. -Tyler". Little did she know their forever would be over before it even began. Now she had no idea what she was going to do.

Should I make this a full blown book?

its just a short story :) i know it could've been worded differently but i wrote it in 7th grade :P

on Mar. 12 2011 at 4:03 am
byebyebirdy BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

They change every day. Today's is this: "But sometimes the sun has been up for a long time and we just refuse to open the curtains." ~the woman I met on the street that one time.

Beautiful. Sad, but beautiful nonetheless. Though as a fellow writer i say, you could work on your descriptions. Like when you descirbed her face as "stained with tears like Coca Cola stains on a white shirt", i felt like that could have worded differently to make it more powerful to the reader, but other than that, I loved it. keep writing. :)