Ten days of rain preveiw | Teen Ink

Ten days of rain preveiw

March 7, 2011
By shelibeli SILVER, London, Other
shelibeli SILVER, London, Other
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Vanessa Chan Linda the enchantress’s daughter and is in school, she is having a really tough time because she has to find a husband for when she’s 14. She has a best friend called Honey Cone who helps her through it. Honey has two big brothers and Vanessa likes one of them, but her mother doesn’t approve. A guy she likes at school Rick finally realizes that he is lonely and asks Vanessa out, she says yes and they start dating. Honey realizes Vanessa isn’t happy and being a smart best friend, makes Vanessa tell her what’s going on.
Honey finds out that for the ten days Vanessa and Rick have been going out he’s been abusive. The story is about the relationship between Vanessa and Honey, but how is Linda going to feel about her daughter’s future husband being abusive?


The author's comments:
I wanted to write about how a friendship can change a person I also wanted to write about abusive partners, usually it is adults but you don’t really consider puppy love important I don’t think people understand how serious relationships within children are. This is the summery of a book I'm writing.