Safety Net | Teen Ink

Safety Net

March 1, 2011
By Smile,Iloveyou SILVER, Valdosta, Georgia
Smile,Iloveyou SILVER, Valdosta, Georgia
5 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Writing eases my suffering. Its my souls medicine. I write what I want to write about. I write when I hurt. I write what I fear. Writing is my form of personal freedom. I write to save myself. I write to survive as an individual." -Unknown.


Safety net: something that provides a margin of protection or security. He in a way was my safety net. In his arms I felt safe. As long as he was hear, nothing else mattered, it was just us, there was no danger in the world and nothing could harm us. Was as in past tense. I still remember the day that he left. With him gone I felt like a tight roper walking across trying not to fall except there was no safety net under me. It was just the ground and without that net I would die.






<3 <3 <3
The sun was setting and the sky was a golden caramel color. The reflection of the sun bounced off the water and the air cooled. The wind started to blow but that was perfectly fine by me. This was my favorite part of the day. I was lying on the hood of his truck. His right arm was around my waist and his left arm was behind his head. I had my head on his chest and watched the sun dip behind the bridge. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. His heart beat that I have heard so many times was like my lullaby. I opened my eyes and looked up to see him smiling at me. Once the sun dipped behind we got back in the truck and headed home. I was asleep when it happened but I had opened my eyes for a few seconds, long enough to say one last I love you. After that everything was black. I woke up in the hospital, bandages everywhere, beeps from the machines, and my parents sitting in the chairs next to the bed. I asked them where he was and my family exchanged glances. He didn’t make it they told me. I couldn’t believe it. Before I broke down in tears I asked what had happened. They told me a drunk driver ran a red light and hit us. He made sure that the driver would hit him instead of me. My safety net was gone.
Safety net: something that provides a margin of protection or security. Without my safety net I was lost.