The Call

Her deep green eyes stared into the fire as it seemed to liquidate and spill over the roof of the burning building. Satisfied with the sight she turned from her grassy cliff and trotted off into the dark park as the 911 response started to show. The moonlight shimmered on her black fur, spilling off like water. Soft dew covered grass tickled the pads of her paws. Fireflies danced through the air in the early fall night as the early cold nipped her into alertness in the calm night. She shook, her coat feeling satisfyingly heavy she began to run, night friskiness making her smile. Smoothly she ran, stretching her bones, keeping the silk feeling in her muscles close. Joy filled her heart as she jumped easily onto a backless park bench and off again barely landing. Putting on another burst of speed she ran to another cliff and stopped short. Ears forward alert, eyes bright with joy. A shadow against the moon she howled. Hearing it echo off the town, and valley filled her heart even more. Then another howl echoed through the valley and she smiled even brighter as she heard her mate across the town. Now she had to make it across, to answer the call.

MidnightFire said...
Over 200 views!

MidnightFire said...
Over 160 veiws!!! :D

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Like  I've said before , beautiful and interesting. I enjoyed this very much :)

MidnightFire replied...
Thanks :) oh you have commented on this before, oops :)

ChristySparrow replied...
Woot-woot! Loved it! Beautiful! It was amazing. ^-^ Keep on writing!

CheshireKat_95 said...

Hmmm. Hm, hm, hmm. I like the idea, really.

What is the significance of the fire? Is it a necessary element? If so, maybe your writing should explain its significance a little more.

Umm. Can wolves smile? It's up to you, y'know, but I'm not sure they do smile...

I said this in my comment on Scars of the Tiger, and I'll say it again: Commas! You need to know when to, and when not to, use them.

Your descriptions are wonderful, but you can certainly describe your sett... (more »)

MidnightFire replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:58 am
When I wrote this I was in a writting mood, and for me when that happens I don't know were the story will take me :). Again I never really learned how to use commas correctly but I am getting better than I was with using them. Thanks again :)

CheshireKat_95 replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:31 am
I'm the same way. Any of my stories begin with me getting bored and then writing... Then I weave new ideas in until I get something completely different from what my original idea was. Haha. ;)

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

I just keep thinking ... I want to know more!

I wish we would have gotten more background. You have a great way with stories , and your grammar and spelling are very good.

Please , keep it up!

MidnightFire replied...
I posted some background in my article 'Nature' Its a comment in my conversation with CarrieAnn13 :)

MidnightFire said...
over 100 views!!!! :)

Saysh said...
his was really interesting! I love how you used a ton of senses, and really made me feel like i was there. great job!

Saysh replied...
*this. ooopsies! :)

MidnightFire replied...
Thanks :) glad you liked it

CarrieAnn13 said...

You really love wolves, don't you?  That's okay, just because I review a lot of books set in ancient Egypt, people think I'm obsessed with it.  It's okay to be interested in something. :)

Anyway, this is a great short story.  I'm interested to see if you expand on this.  It's really good!

MidnightFire replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:07 am
thanks :) i've always loved dogs so i grew to love wolves to

musicispassion said...
interesting idea i love it do u live somewhere where u see all of these animals and thing u write about aren't wolves beautiful i've always wanted to hear a pack howl aaaaahhhhh :P

MidnightFire replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:18 am
I lived in Minnesota till i was about 2 but then again i don't really remember that :) then I lived in the country side surrounded by fields but the only animals i ever saw were dogs, cats, and horses.  Now i live in the middle of town and only see cats and dogs ... so no i don’t really see these guys a lot :) but hopefully someday my family is going to go to a Wolf Reserve

musicispassion replied...
thats cool and u must have a great imagination to picture how these beautiful creature look and behave u make them so real good job :P

MidnightFire replied...
thanks ... when i was in 6th grade i wouldn't read anything unless it had something to do with wolves, even if it was only the authors name or book title :) i was a stuborn child